This is a permanent part time contract or employment position with an opportunity to contribute and collaborate with a team of website and marketing professionals that deliver custom-designed, SEO optimized and branded websites for our clients. We need you to work with our project manager and website designer to build custom-themed Wordpress websites.
You will also be asked to perform various website updates, adding functionality or making changes to existing websites, and assist in other various client-related tasks on an as-needed basis.
This is a remote, "work-from-home" position where you can enjoy a flexible work schedule but you must be available during most week days. The number of hours per week depends on how well you do your job, how quickly it's done, and how many other skill-sets you bring to the table.
Who We Are
eVision Media is an "all-under-one-roof" boutique web development and digital marketing firm that specializes in creating an effective marketing presence for entrepreneurs, small businesses and corporations. Our firm is committed to offering our clients exceptional customer service and quality products through brand design, website development, SEO/SEM, launch campaigns, social media, site maintenance and more.
Who You Need to Be
We are looking for a front-end web developer who is passionate about creating custom-built websites that are user and search engine friendly. Your primary role (but not limited to) will be building out responsive websites based on a layout creative provided in Adobe Photoshop. Our expectation is that the website will look exactly like the layout across the different primary browsers.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain standard compliant, scalable, responsive websites, and web applications using the latest web technologies
- Design and create custom database-driven website applications
- Develop, maintain and support websites in a variety of platforms such as hand-coded, or in a CMS application such as Wordpress, Drupal and even Magento
- Understand and implement web analytic tools and techniques
- Integrate web builds with third party technologies such as eCommerce (1Shopping cart, WooCommerce, etc), Merchant accounts (PayPal, Stripe etc), and eNewsletter providers(Constant Contact, Mailchimp, aWeber etc) to support client requirements
- Keep current with new applicable software, technology and trends
- Assess and itemize costs for website enhancements and modifications
- Integrate graphical and multimedia components into the website including audio and video, with attention to appropriate compression techniques, resolution and sizes to ensure high quality and speed of delivery
The qualified candidate must be very adept at working in these platforms:
- WooCommerce and other Wordpress plugins
- As well as hand-coded websites
Please apply only if you meet the following criteria:
- Expert level of hand coding in valid HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Excellent knowledge of developing a responsive website, especially in the Wordpress platform
- Excellent knowledge and passion in developing a W3C compliant site including image optimization and SEO techniques
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and coding for smart-phone friendly websites
- Have a solid understanding using Adobe Photoshop
- Have a good understanding of compelling page layouts, image optimization and attention to SEO optimization detail drilling right down to proper alt tags and href tags etc... in other words – you know how to code a solid, compliant and pixel-perfect website
- PHP and MySQL knowledge would be a great asset.
We're also needing you to be:
- Excellent in speaking, reading and writing in English – no exception.
- Passionate about the web environment and are eager to learn new skills and effective ways to build a solid site.
- A fast learner and can quickly pick up and understand what is needed when given tasks that are on-going or in progress.
- Able to step in and quickly pick up and understand what is needed when given in-progress tasks
- A self-starter and can work well when on your own
- Able to think and problem solve on your own
- Great at juggling several tasks at a time and have a sense of prioritizing what needs to get done first
- Extremely detail-oriented; no errors get past you.
- More than happy to help out when needed for client support – whether it's setting up a web hosting account, helping a client set up an email address, doing minor text updates to sites, all the way to building a website from a design brief provided in Adobe Photoshop. Oh and did I mention it has to be pixel perfect? Yep, you're working with a project manager who will expect this across all the latest browsers and smart phones...
We're looking for a long-term relationship to help us both grow to higher levels of our offerings. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with quick (and accurate) turn-around expectations, then we want to hear from you.
Please send resume, contact information and work examples/links
Interested applicants should include links and explanations of their role to project samples they have worked on. No agencies or applicants outside of Canada please.
We will only contact those have carefully followed the application instructions and whom we feel are a good fit on culture, skills, experience and expectations.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Front End: 3 years (Required)
- Wordpress: 2 years (Required)
- Hand Coding HTML/XHTML & CSS: 3 years (Required)
- English Primary (Required)