Oct 23, 2019
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas:
Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Morgan Stanley Canada currently requires the managerial services of an experienced Executive Director at our Montreal office in Quebec in order to act as a Global Senior Architect and North America Senior Manager for enterprise systems including several multi-year initiatives. Morgan Stanley requires a knowledgeable and highly experienced individual in this position to provide a solid foundation for preferred product quality, service, and procedures. Morgan Stanley's internal technical architecture, as well as, its development and security standards and policies, are highly integrated and optimized, and therefore, this role requires someone with intimate knowledge of the company's internal environment.
As an Executive Director, the responsibilities in Canada will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Senior technology owner on a large portfolio of widely used application including SWIFT Messaging Hub, Fraud Detection and Control, Operations Risk and Controls.
- Lead and Develop a technology solution for a multi-region, multi-currency Payment System on Cloud.
- Lead a team of Data Scientists and NLP, Machine Learning experts to deliver Cognitive Automation solutions for Operations.
- Lead architecture and design for data streaming platform to support high volume transaction processing for various back office systems.
- Provide onsite governance, people management, senior advocacy for team and vendor management.
- Provide expansion plans for Operations Technology and Core Operations Management.
- Hiring and providing mentorship to Operations Technology Montreal teams.
- Manage multi-location technical teams while applying the Agile methodology into the SDLC process.
Salary and Benefits:
- 10+ years total with technical knowledge
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- Master/PhD of Computer Science or equivalent is a good to have
- Annual base salary of 150 000 – 185 000 $ CAD
- A corporate medical, dental and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability insurance plans, 4 weeks of vacation per year, 6% RRSP matching up to an annual cap of $8,000.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.