We are presently seeking an Electrical Designer to design and document electrical systems for various sized building facility projects related to industrial and commercial use, working under the supervision of a P.Eng. licensed in the province of Ontario. The position will require development of 2D/3D CAD AutoCAD/REVIT modelling of industrial and commercial systems for building permit submissions, Tender and construction drawings as well as coordinating with other disciplines for the successful execution of customer projects.
Drafting and Documentation:
- Planning and producing documentation for building permit submissions, tender documents and facility systems co-ordination for industrial production facilities.
- Documentation includes:
- Lighting layouts and fixture selections
- Lighting controls and circuiting
- General power and distribution layouts and circuiting
- Physical Layouts
- Equipment Schedules
- Single Line Diagrams
- Detail Drawings
- Control Documentation
- Maintain and develop specific mechanical procedures for routine design tasks
- Develop and maintain design procedures and standards for design activities
- Demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement of design procedures and a propensity to create flexible but efficient methods for design.
- Co-ordination of drawings and documentation with other disciplines (Arch/Struct/MEP/3rd Parties).
- Design and drafting of mechanical systems using both AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Identifying interferences with the structural, MEP elements, A/V, and other consultant’s materials.
- Coordinate drawings with the project manager and other consultants.
- Producing Design Development and Construction Document sets based on mark-ups and redlines received from Sr. Personnel.
- Work with other drafters using AutoCAD and REVIT to build/manage model databases, standard details, drawing sheet templates, and other drafting standards.
- Update REVIT database with manufacturers' new products.
- Drawing will be primarily in the Electrical discipline but work within Architectural and Mechanical will also be required from time to time.
Perform electrical design tasks under the supervision of a P.Eng.:
- Preparation of documentation outlining design criteria and performance requirements.
- Load calculations with ESA required standards
- Design of power and distribution systems for industrial spaces.
- Lighting and controls design and layouts for industrial facilities.
- Lighting photometric calculations using industry standard software
- Site reviews and reports during construction.
- Management of small projects as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Tech/C.Tech from a recognized Collegiate architectural design program or equivalent, and/or a Degree in Electrical Engineering from a Provincially Accredited Engineering program.
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer principals.
- Strong communication and organizational skills and an ability to effectively manage client relationships.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize design software.
- Ability to quickly learn apply building and construction codes, and other related design standards.
- Valid drivers license and vehicle, including all insurance coverage
- Valid passport for occasional travel out of country
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products a plus (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- AutoCAD or equivalent drafting software.
- Auto Desk Revit drafting experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment on projects with project managers, consultants, and other employees
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Drafting: 4 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD/REVIT: 4 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)