Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon-based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometers north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse.
Minto is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking an HR Generalist a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two-week on/two weeks off rotation.
Bring a passion for connecting with people, building relationships, and wearing multiple hats – we’re a small HR team and we continue to grow and change. Be a part of the evolving change and diversity of work.
The Ideal Candidate
· Minimum of 5-7 years of Human Resources advising experience;
· Diploma or degree in Administration, Human Resources or Business;
· Knowledge of employment legislations,
· Excellent judgment and ability to make recommendations that balance the needs of employees as well as the company;
· Ability to manage multiple competing and important priorities quickly, and effectively communicate back to other stakeholders and business leaders;
· A strong sense of integrity and impeccable professional maturity is key;
· Apply excellent interpersonal skills both in one-on-one situations with all levels of personnel, and in facilitating group meetings and keeping them on track;
· Seasoned judgment to suggest people approaches that optimize the business;
· Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with site leaders and personnel;
· Excellent technical skills and in-depth knowledge of applicant tracking technology and HRIS systems;
· Provide guidance to employees and managers on employee relations, recruitment, performance management, workplace investigations, and HR policies and programs;
· Partner with on-site leadership to support the business with people related initiatives;
· Support rollout of annual HR programs such as the annual performance management and compensation review process;
· Provide recommendations to enhance and streamline HR processes and procedures;
· Ensure compliance with all Provincial and Federal employment legislation;
· Manage onboarding/offboarding employees at site and coordinating with other site departments;
· Creation and maintenance of job descriptions for all appropriate positions and develop competency tools for evaluation;
· Ensure required communication of policies to staff, inclusive of appropriate documentation;
· Process HR related employee changes (new hires, terminations, leaves of absence, promotions, transfers,)in HRIS system and act as backup payroll administrator;
· Assist with benefit administration for all employees through benefit vendors;
· Coordinate, analyze and prepare a variety of HR-related reports and statistics;
· Assist in the coordination of all site-wide employee events and communication;
· Assist in all camp administration including managing the camp vendor, assisting and address concerns or issue in c&
· Serve as a general resource and point of contact for payroll, benefit, travel-related;
· Identify opportunities to create efficiencies in a small and fast-paced environment;
· Assisting in special projects supporting HR priorities and business initiatives.
· Perform Human Resources administrative tasks when required;
· Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Application deadline: 2021-07-02
Expected start date: 2021-07-05
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
Willingness to travel: