AEC Property Tax is a nationwide professional services firm that assists our clients in the management and mitigation of commercial property tax.
This role is the key to ensuring the timely availability of data and document management, tax reporting, tax analysis and written reports. The Administrative Coordinator will receive and upload all incoming relevant documents to applicable AEC systems. In addition, the position ensures accurate property tax invoices from various clients and reports same to client. With keen attention to details, the Administrative Coordinator will ensure the appropriate and timely distribution of information to staff and clients, online filing is correct, tax reports are accurate and completed in an appropriate timeline and in compliance with AEC policy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Enter and upload property tax and assessment notices for clients
- Complete client authorizations as required in each municipality
- Complete required documentation and file tax appeals as required for each municipality (i.e. portals)
- Follow-up with municipalities via phone on property tax related matters
- Keep track of deadlines and complete work ahead of internal deadlines
- Be proactive in tracking deadlines
- Enter information into web databases
- Invoices preparation and reporting to client on a monthly basis
- Create tax projection and installment reports for clients
- Report on tax and assessment variances and anomalies
- Support in analysis, report preparation and writing
- Work closely with teams to provide support
- Other general and administrative tasks as assigned
- Consistently highly organized, with strong attention to details
- Proactive and prepared within deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe etc.)
- Quick learner on various software systems
- Excellent customer service focus with exceptional communication skills (written and oral), with strong phone etiquette
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a team environment
- High follow-up/follow-up skills
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant Certification is considered an asset
- Direct experience as a Commercial Real Estate Assistant or Legal Assistant is considered as asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter confirming your available start date and salary expectations.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AEC is an equal opportunities employer.
Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)