BCAA has been named one of BC’s Top Employers 2020!
What BCAA offers you:
- It’s not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
BCAA is searching for a Regular Full-Time Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer!
The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for providing leadership in delivering exceptional software quality through testing and test automation best practices. The SQAAE works in partnership with Developers and fellow Quality Assurance Analysts to design, develop and maintain test automation frameworks and automated testing throughout the SDLC.
The SQAAE works closely with Developers and fellow Quality Assurance Analysts to understand product requirements, architecture and technology, and to increase automated testing efficiency and coverage. Key responsibilities of this role include design, creation and maintenance of test automation frameworks and automated scripts for functional, regression, performance and load testing.
The SQAAE is one of the senior roles within the QA career path and is expected to provide direction and guidance to fellow QA team members in test automation best practices. This role is also responsible for continuous improvement to Quality Assurance processes/tools through test automation, in order to enable delivery of high quality software and to accelerate time to market of BCAA products. Career Path of this role is software development.
- Assess and recommend tools and technologies to design, develop and maintain test automation frameworks.
- Development and implementation of roadmap for testing automation frameworks. Analyse business requirements and use cases to estimate efforts.
- Develop and maintain well written test plans and test cases.
- Develop and maintain well performing automated test scripts using programming or scripting languages.
- Execute automated scripts for functional, regression, performance and load testing.
- Perform manual testing where needed to support development of test automation.
- Advocate development practices that support testability, defect prevention and early detection of defects.
- Work with QA team members to migrate existing automated scripts to new frameworks.
- Plan and lead effort to increase automated test coverage to include most common and business critical business flows.
- Identify and track software defects found during testing.
- Keep informed of emerging trends in Software Quality Assurance (SQA), including QA methodologies, automation tools and best practices.
- Provide support to identify underlying causes of production incidents and validate solutions.
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of regression testing and execution time through automation.
- Provide overall leadership in test automation in a hands-on manner.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to intermediate and associate testers on the team.
- Manage and track testing status throughout the software development life cycle to ensure timing deadlines and divisional needs are met.
- Monitor daily progress of assigned tasks and prepare documentation for regular meetings.
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure BCAA’s system related needs are met, and that changes are delivered and tested on time.
- Carry out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Education: Degree in Computing Science. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, of which 2 to 3 years in application development. 5+ years solid hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks and 1-2 years in a Senior/Lead QA role.
- QA experience with browser based and web-based Java or .NET applications.
- Strong knowledge of automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter and Browserstack.
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior testers.
- In-depth knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Ability to lead discussions and build consensus.
- Exceptional analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
o Understanding of Agile concepts and experience with their application within QA
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Job Type: Full-time