JOIN THE A-TEAM!
Altek Supply is a fast-growing private family-owned company helping Oilfield Supply companies provide needed products to Oil and Gas producers through a large inventory of high-quality products and the highest level of customer service so that they can bring natural resources to market as fast and as safe as possible.
We have been doing this for 20 years, and we are “nailing it”! We’re experiencing record-breaking growth, and we don’t want to stop. We attribute a huge part of our success to our team of high-caliber, amazing, fun-loving, hardworking, customer-oriented, and dedicated people – our A-TEAM…
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Document Control Specialist to join us to contribute to and share our success.
Do you want to be part of a culture of excellence, growth, trust, and fun? Do you want to come to a work environment you enjoy, with awesome people you like? YOU CAN! Only if you have what it takes to be part of this “rare breed” of individuals. Are you up for the challenge?
If inside you are saying “Hell Yeah!”, please continue…
As our Document Control Specialist, it will be your primary responsibility to create, manage and maintain and effective Document Management System.
YOU ARE THE ROCKSTAR WE ARE LOOKING FOR IF…
- You have exceptional verbal and written English communication and presentation skills.
- You have strong and well-developed social communication skills and can accurately and effectively communicate with diverse types of people
- You have high standards for your work. You are meticulous with a great attention to detail and strong analytical skills. Results matter to you. Excellence matters to you.
- You are strongly motivated to learn, eager to meet (or exceed) basic requirements, have good tolerance to stress/pressure and willingness to put in extra time to meet work timelines
- You have proven business judgment, decision-making and leadership skills
- You are confident, resourceful, and a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimum supervision.
- You love to engage and collaborate with a team and would be psyched to help foster a culture of fun and excellence.
- You embrace and manage change, continually improve processes and maintain confidentiality. You are invigorated by the constant change of a high-growth organization with bold and audacious goals.
- You have a positive nature, choosing to focus on the brighter side. You see opportunity within a challenge.
- You have a professional attitude with exceptional organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- You can handle confidential information in a responsible and accurate manner
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE YOU MUST HAVE
- Proven work experience as a Document Controller or a similar role.
- High School Degree; additional certification in Document Control or Office/Business Administration is preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the use of standard office equipment (i.e. computers, printers, photocopiers, phone system, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite (2010 and higher) including Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook and OneDrive.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain all controlled company documents
- Update and control procedure documents and forms
- Create and manage document hierarchy and process systems
- Take charge of all document identification, classification, and filing
- Frequently conduct document audits confirming they are current and accurately reflect recorded evidence
- Ensure revised documents are accessible
- Assist with communication during external audits
- Conform to company enforced specifications and document control procedures
- Train document control clerks and delegate and oversee their tasks
- Train employees in the company’s controlled document processes to ensure correct handling of documents from the ground up
- Oversee document through its entire lifecycle (inception to archival)
- Check and edit incoming documents and prepare for distribution
- Create document filing and organizing systems that are both effective and efficient
- Ensure proper organization and security of documents (paper and electronic)
- Log document requests and help retrieve documents as needed for employees
- Make available, notify and distribute documents to relevant recipients
- Confirm delivery of documents to proper personnel
- Collaborate and communicate with all staff as required
Additional duties and special projects as required.
WORK CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Permanent, full time, salaried position
- Standard working hours would be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday); ability to work required hours
- Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Own vehicle for transportation as required
- Competitive salary and benefits package, dependent on directly related experience with the above-listed job duties
Please do not apply for this position unless you can prove through documentation that you are a well-versed Document Control Specialist. We will only settle for an A-player.
Submit your cover letter and resume with your application. On your cover letter, please indicate salary expectations and how your education and experience will aid you in successfully achieving each of the above-listed job duties. We expect that you put time and effort into your application as much as we did in this job post. We want to hear your story of why you think you would fit this role and our team.
We thank all applicants for their submissions; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. NO phone calls or office visits, please. Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, competency-based interview, and reference checks.