Country Boyz Industries is a high performance graphics company servicing a wide variety of industries. We pride ourselves on quick turnaround of quality products. Our customer service is is second to none. As a member of our team we all work hard to provide excellent customer service with exceptional communication. We want to see a positive experience for both our clients and employees.
The successful Candidate for the General Handyman position will be able to work independently or part of a team, They must be able to install signs, graphics, billboards, and vinyl accurately and efficiently as directed in all weather conditions, using crane trucks, bucket trucks, trailers and other tools. Must maintain a clean and tidy company truck and workplace, we will all start clean work clean and finish clean.
20.00 to 35.00 per hour
The General Handyman is expected to work 40 hours per week 8:00am - 4:30pm.
This position will be based out of the Country Boyz Shop located near Okotoks Alberta. The Graphic Installer / Carpenterwill be responsible for performing the work in the shop: productions, operations, and installations.
Prior experience in a print facility is an asset.
Main Responsibilities & Activities:
- Read information on Work Orders
- Produce and finish product and prepare for install or delivery
- Prepare sign surfaces for application of text/graphics (cut to size and clean)
- Installation of outdoor signage and vinyl graphics
- Deliver/pickup of signs and materials from clients and vendors
- The Graphic Installer / Carpenteris also responsible for cleaning and general housekeeping duties; the shop space is your domain and yours to keep clean and tidy
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have the ability to work as a team or as an individual
- Comfortable communicating with clients and team members
- Physically fit to perform installation duties
- Experience hitching up and pulling trailers
- Must provide your own basic tools (i.e. impact driver, tape measure, drill, drill bits, hammer, knife, etc.)
- Experience in the safe use of power tools, (i.e. table saw, panel saw, drill press, skill saw)
- Have exceptional problem-solving skills and understand the need to prioritize and handle multiple tasks with interruptions.
- Must appropriately manage time. Arrive on time and work until the job is completed, which includes a willingness to work overtime when required.
- Mechanical (small engines, bearings, basic maintenance)
- Electrical (basic troubleshooting or 12V and 120V systems)
- Trade experience
- Construction experience
- Accurate measuring skills
- Ability to take directions and notes
- Vinyl graphic installation
- Supervisory experience considered an asset
- Must have an unrestricted class 5 driver’s license
- Must provide a driver abstract
- Must provide a criminal record check upon request
- Pass Pre – employment drug and alcohol screening
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- High School Diploma
- Air brake endorsement
- First Aid
- Fall Arrest
- Ariel Lift
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Handy Man: 5 years (Required)
- Truck and Trailer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Carpentry / Renovation: 5 years (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)