Build a meaningful career
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Legal, Risk & Privacy
Reporting to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary (GC), this role provides support to the Legal, Risk & Privacy Department.
REGULATORY SECURITIES ADMINISTRATION & FILING
- Manage and process all insider regulatory filings (on SEDI) pursuant to the OSC regulations
- Manage and prepare documentation for insider requests for long term incentive plan (LTIP) unit redemptions and complete relevant regulatory filings with SEDI and TSX
- Manage and complete all regulatory post-meeting filings (SEDAR & TSX) within established timelines of board/shareholder meetings
- Coordinate the issuance of press releases for monthly dividends.
- Complete the administration & execution of monthly dividend distribution, including TSX filing
- Manage, respond and record all Investor Relations calls/inquiries; refer to GC and/or CFO as necessary
- Maintain shareholder database and manage requests for reports
- Coordinate and maintain records of financial analysts’ reports
- Maintain content on website for Investor Relations page
MINUTE BOOK MANAGEMENT & CORPORATE REGISTRATION FILING
- File, or coordinate with local services providers to file, corporate registration renewals annually and updates (within specified due dates) for global entities including Canada, US, Bahamas, UK, Australia, Singapore, India
- Complete filings for renewals or assist in the filing for specific company third party licenses
- Draft corporate resolutions and other documentation for the group of companies.
Succeeding as a Paralegal will require the following core qualifications and skills:
- Experience working with a public company and its applicable regulatory filings
- Paralegal / Law Clerk certification or Legal Administration diploma
- Minimum of 5-7 years of directly related work experience in law clerk/paralegal role
- Advanced user in Microsoft office and PDF Creator
- Knowledge of Ontario Securities filings (SEDI & TSX)
- Previous experience with investor relations and issuing press releases
- Experience with online filing systems for corporate registration (Canada & US)
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.