Are you a junior Legal Admin Assistant with an interest in intellectual property law? Our client is a nice boutique firm in downtown Vancouver and they are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to be a part of a team made up of Partners, Associates, Paralegals and other Legal Administrative Assistants. The firm is committed to facilitating both personal and professional growth and this would be a great opportunity for a junior to develop your administrative skills while working in a collaborative team environment.
The Junior Legal Administrative Assistant will assist with a variety of functions including docketing deadlines, document production and assisting with stages of patent and trademark prosecution. This includes:
· Prepare and draft documents and correspondence.
· Managing deadlines, billing and general administrative duties.
· Assisting with the management of patent and trademark portfolios.
· Retrieving patent and trademark records and information from official databases.
· Filing patent and trademark applications.
· Assisting with preparation of amendments and responses to Office Actions and other official filings.
The ideal candidate will bring with them strong attention to detail with an ability to produce high-quality work, the ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and work well under pressure. We are also looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and who can work independently and in a team environment to provide excellent client service. The ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and a positive, can-do attitude are key to being successful in this role.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
· Professional legal administrative assistant certification.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in a law firm environment.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong keyboarding skills with demonstrated accuracy.
· Excellent MS Office skills
Excellent salary and benefits. Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38,000.00-$40,000.00 per year