Five Corners Meat Co. is a specialty meat, processing, procurement, and distribution company providing high-quality meat products and services to customers in the Canadian, and International markets. We have built the business around our mission, and our core values of customer service, integrity, people, quality, and safety.
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for coordinating the facilities recruitment process, policies, procedures, benefits and record keeping functions in support of the department objectives. The incumbent will ensure that the administrative processes are up to date, relevant, available and actionable. The incumbent supports the Human Resources Department to meet the organization objectives of delivering relevant programs and maintaining best practices.
- Maintaining employee files, both paper and electronic (HRIS) ensuring files are kept current.
- Entering data into time tracking system daily and alerting management to any issues.
- Manage the payroll and benefits administration for staff members; absence and time management; includes tracking probationary periods, benefits and review dates; advising management in a timely fashion of upcoming dates.
- Assisting in the coordination of benefits paperwork and offering employee assistance when required.
- Fielding employee queries regarding benefits and payroll ensuring confidentiality is strictly maintained.
- Assisting where required in the administration of WorkSafe claims (including First Aid reports)
- In alignment with the recruitment strategy identifying approaches for attracting new talent and positioning within the market.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of hourly employees (screening applications, scheduling interviews, preparing paperwork and conducting reference checks).
- Develop and manage recruitment procedures including job descriptions, job postings and advertising; screen and select candidates for interview based on knowledge, skill and abilities; on-board and provide new hire orientation; conduct exit interviews.
- Support the HR Manager in the facilitation of all Company Events
- To always lead in a manner that exemplifies honesty, integrity quality and trust
- To always lead by example that encourages all employees to strive and maximize their ability and performance, promote “Reach Higher”
- Maintain employee seniority sheets
- Development and maintenance of employee skills matrix and workforce planning
- Conduct, track and report on exit interviews and trends
- Lead new hire orientations
- Respond to employee inquiries
- Support HR and operations teams with documentation of investigations, progressive discipline and coaching
- Maintain progressive discipline and performance management tracking.
Qualifications & Skills
- Completion of diploma or certificate in Human Resources.
- 2 years’ experience preferred in a HR or administrative role;
- Previous union experience considered an asset.
- Outstanding organizational and MS office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Strong ethics regarding confidentiality and privacy.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Job Type: Full-time
- human resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)