Your daily mission: Pack, inspect, and box the best coffee on the planet.
Who Are We?
We make coffee. But we’re really in the business of waking up the world. We work to unite goodness with prosperity. We dream, then do. And above all else, we wake up and kick ass!
We roast Canada’s #1 whole bean coffee. Our Arabica beans are 100% certified Organic and Fairtrade. We’ve been doing this for over 25 years, smack dab in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
And our coffee beans aren’t the only award winners around here. Our human beans kick ass too! Kicking Horse Coffee has been named one of the Best Workplaces in Canada® since 2015. Whoa! We believe creating a workplace that offers great careers and access to an exceptional lifestyle. It’s why we’ve made a commitment to paying a living wage for all roles.
The spirit of Kicking Horse Coffee can be summed up in five words: awake, courageous, intentional, sophisticated, and love, yep, love. These are the values at our core, the foundation of our culture.
Who Are You?
You’re the whole package. Pun intended.
As the guru of navigating change and going with the flow, you can adapt to anything. But when it comes to work styles, you have a sweet spot: a physical role within a fast-paced environment. Sitting at a desk all day? Hard pass. You prefer to be on your feet, moving fast and seeing results instantly. You're also curious. Curious about our coffee, our equipment, and all the processes in between. And even though you’re comfortable flying solo, you’d rather work with a team. Because what’s better than one Packaging Technician? 30+ Packaging Technicians, obviously.
What Will You Do?
Not to brag, but our Packaging Line Technicians are the best baggers in the biz. Mainly due to their stealth ability to package, inspect, box, and prepare to ship the best coffee in the country, all while focusing on safety and efficiency. But it could also be due to their lightning-fast speed or their chameleon-like adaptability. In this role, you'll learn and do all of the above while working closely with your team to perform daily clean-ups, room preparations, and relentless quality control. Being a Line Technician involves repetitive, physically demanding work in a team setting. But that’s not all. Our team exercise their minds, too. Over time, your leaders will train you on our equipment, helping you to become a master machine operator.
- Follow standard operating procedures to bag and box our beans!
- Inspect all finished products to ensure quality control standards are being met.
- Operate packaging equipment using HMI touch screen.
- Enter data into ERP software, allocating materials and maintaining inventory.
- Perform daily clean-ups and room preparations.
- Special project tasks as assigned
- Previous work in a manufacturing or production setting is an asset.
- Experience working in physically-demanding role is required.
- Experience operating production equipment or packaging machinery is considered an ASS-et.
- Basic computer skills and data entry experience is required. Experience using Microsoft Excel is an asset. All ninjas must be open to learning and developing new skills!
- Post-secondary education is an asset. Curiosity and a desire to continue learning required.
- Positive attitude with a desire to work and contribute in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Change doesn’t scare you; you’ve got grit! Willingness to adapt, learn, and grow as you navigate change.
- Possess strong manual dexterity and the ability to perform quick movements.
- Physically able to stand for eight hours a day while lifting, bending, twisting, and sometimes even dancing. Ability to lift and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of remaining alert and attentive while monitoring a number of moving pieces.
- Desire to annihilate mediocrity with strong attention to detail and high personal standards for quality.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- We work eight-hour days, Monday to Friday.
- We are hiring for a full-time, permanent position on our PM Shift. This role will work from 2:30 pm – 10:30 pm or 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm.
Perks to Pique Your Interest
- Mug fillers: Kick ass coffee discounts plus copious amounts of coffee and espresso on standby in our staff lunchroom.
- A living wage: All our roles offer a living wage for the Columbia Valley. Specifically, this role starts at $19.42/hour.
- Comprehensive benefits: Designed to support employee wellness and mental health, our benefits program is as full as our mugs! In addition to our standard medical and dental coverage, we offer:
- Wellness and recreation allowance.
- A whole heck of a lot of time off: 4 weeks of paid vacation after one year.
- A paid day off to celebrate your birthday with a gift certificate to a local business of your choice.
- Support through or our Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Environmental and community giving: Our Green Commuting program pays employees for choosing a green commute to work. Our Dream Fund provides Kicking Horse Coffee dreamers with financial funding to put towards community projects.
- Exceptional human beans: Working with a kick ass team? Yeah, we think that is the best perk of all. Our crew of coffee lovers love what they do and are great at it too!
How to Apply
If you are looking to join a kick ass team of highly caffeinated human beans, our Packaging team encourages you to apply! Please send in your application by email and attach your resume and a few facts about yourself. Some ideas may include but are not limited to: The name of your pet (photos encouraged), your favorite way to make coffee, or what inspires you to wake up and kick ass everyday. Head to our website to apply:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.42 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Expected start date: 2022-06-08