Hey there! My name is Mike and I am the Director of Product here at FarmLead. It is my responsibility to enable our business and its customers with products that add value for commercial grain trade.
I’m on the hunt for an up and coming UX talent, looking to put their knowledge, skills, and past experiences to the ultimate test. The UX team here at FarmLead is embarking on one of the most exciting product transformations in Canada. If you’re looking for pixel pushing and round-about meetings to move a button, than this is not the role for you. We are doing BIG things.
Our approach to product is “hypothesis-driven”. I craft a hypothesis about how we could solve for a business, user, or market problem, and as a team, we will work together to come up with the right mix of assets and tests to prove our hypothesis, revise it, or scrap it entirely.
You'll be responsible for engineering thoughtful experiences, and crafting tasteful interfaces for our broad range of customers. In addition, you'll be actively involved in the user research and user testing stages of our product development lifecycle.
We are an autonomous group for the most part and my belief is that good designers need space to create - to let their inner genius flow. The only trade-off, you'll be expected to articulate and defend your design decisions in a structured way. To do this well you’ll need to be confident and capable of selling your vision and thought process. I’m not a tough sell, but I will ask you to fill in the cracks if there are any.
This role plays an integral part in bringing my product vision to life. If you’re equal parts left and right brain, then we’ll likely be a good match.
This is a permanent position right in the heart of Downtown Ottawa, easily accessible by public transit or car.
Looking forward to meeting you.
More about FarmLead:
As North America's Grain Marketplace, FarmLead allows verified buyers and farmers to list, negotiate, and close grain deals directly with one another online. FarmLead is changing the way grain is bought and sold and is helping farmers better market their crops. FarmLead is a venture-backed start-up based in Ottawa.
- Own and execute on User Research and User Testing activities
- Design within the demands of a LeanUX process
- Architect the experiential flows for a user
- Develop web flows and maintain a product site map
- Design user interfaces with user-centricity in mind
- Define the interaction types that should be used to maximize the user experience
- Develop and maintain all UX documentation related to the product design
- Coach and develop a team of designers
- Ability to deploy experiential design principles to align product and brand
- 5-7 Years of demonstrated experience in UX/UI Design
- 2-3 Years of demonstrated experience leading a UX/UI organization
- Demonstrated experience developing UX/UI assets (web flows, sitemaps, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience running user research activities and executing on user testing
- Conversational knowledge of Experiential Design
- Good visual design skills with proven portfolio/projects
- Strong skills in Sketch, Adobe Suite, Invision, Framer, or other Experience Design Tools
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to persuade
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Comprehensive employee benefits plan
- Downtown Ottawa office, close to lots of great restaurants
- Easily accessible via transit, and equipped with showers and secure bike racks
- Casual dress code
- Bi-Weekly happy hours
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- Farm days, including tractor and combine rides (we’ll teach you the difference between the two)