SE Health hiring Personal Support Workers(PSW) for Journey Home Hospice.
Toronto shelters are often unable to provide planned palliative care deaths in their facilities and homeless individuals are likely to lack the family and social support networks that assist in providing care in the community. As a result, these individuals are dying on the street and in hospitals. Through the partnership with Hospice Toronto & Inner City Health Associates we have opened 4 bed cluster of residential hospice beds that opened this spring within a supportive housing facility as a transitional phase in the development of a 10-bed hospice scheduled to open spring 2019.
SE Health (Saint Elizabeth Health Care) is a social enterprise applying our knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, we bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors lifestyle and family caregiving. Through our team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, we deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone.
Here are many reasons why you will want to bring your talent to our team:
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- You will experience opportunities to use many of your skills and expand your knowledge
- You will be part of multidisciplinary team of PSW & Nurses to a brand new hospice for the homeless
- Ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- Total Rewards program which includes group benefits, and pension plan
- Education bursaries; Extensive paid orientation and preceptorship program
- Current PSW Certificate mandatory and availability to work flexible shifts (Days,Evening & Nights)
- Direct experience working with Mental Health patients and/or homeless populations
- Hospice Palliative care experience and ongoing continuing education is an asset
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Excellent Communication skills both orally and verbally along with exceptional computer skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of an integrated team (nurse, physician, hospices, etc)
- Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- A current CPR certificate is required
- Shifts are 7am-7pm
SE Health is committed to the success of all our employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.