The County of Lambton is an urban-rural area in southwestern Ontario that is home to over 126,000 residents. The Corporation's seven divisions operate programs and services for the residents of Lambton County such as land ambulance, provincial offences court, three Long-Term Care Homes, 25 library branches, two museums, an art gallery, archives, local roadways, public health services, housing services, social services, building services and planning and development services. Lambton County is a community dedicated to economic growth, environmental stewardship and an enhanced quality of life through the provision of responsive and efficient services and collaborative efforts with its municipal and community partners.
Operate equipment such as tractor mower, roller, and chainsaw. Otherwise act in other job positions (including weigh man, chainman, and roadman) as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the equipment in a safe and efficient manner, as directed
- Operate as a member of a crew or alone
- Clean, service and generally maintain assigned equipment, including refuelling and minor repairs
- Assist in the operation of other equipment when required
- Assist in any other capacity within the department when required, through emergency, overload, absence, etc.
- Be on call for emergency work, normally being snow removal
- Deal with property owners and the public concerning any job assigned, and seek the advice of the supervisor when required on issues raised
- Maintain a daily diary of work activities
- Incumbents must keep up-to-date on all relevant legislation, collective bargaining agreements, County Policies and Procedures, etc. ensuring that these are implemented as prescribed
- Incumbents must possess the physical ability to meet the duties and responsibilities of the job description and/or the requirements identified within the position's Physical Demands Analysis
These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Formal Education
- Grade 12 or equivalent in education and/or experience
- Must be licensed to operate equipment to which the incumbent may be assigned
- Current valid Province of Ontario Driver’s licence minimum Class DZ
- Previous operating experience in construction or a road system is preferred
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR is helpful
- Job knowledge can be gained on the job in a short period of time
A valid Ontario driver’s license and use of a vehicle.