Would you like to work for a dynamic and energetic team of leaders in the field of cogeneration? Would you like to accelerate your technical and project execution experience in a fast-paced project environment?
If you are hardworking, experienced, value quality and integrity,
CEM Engineering is the place for you!
COMPANY – EXPERTISE
CEM (Cogeneration and Energy Management) is an industry leading thermal power engineering firm with over 40 discipline engineers, designers and support staff and continues to grow. CEM provides a full range of services to clients in the Industrial and MUSH (Municipal, Universities, Schools, Hospital) sectors, and has significant expertise, in:
- Energy management
- Power generation
- Emissions controls
- District energy
In addition to providing consulting, detailed design, contract administration, procurement, construction management and commissioning services, CEM also works with their clients to help develop their projects providing expertise in permitting requirements and leveraging available energy management financial incentives.
COMPANY – GROWTH & LOCATION
CEM was established in 2001 with its home office currently located in St. Catharines Ontario. During the past 5 years, CEM has experienced substantial growth and continues to expand its portfolio of active clients and projects. In order to address this ongoing growth trend, a newly established Oakville satellite office has been established within a 5-minute walk of the Bronte Go Station.We have also opened an office in Calgary, AB, and incorporated into the United States. These new locations will complement our home office in St Catharines. CEM staff now have some flexibility of work locations to better support a work-life balance while simultaneously ensuring consistency of project delivery success through home office oversight.
Reporting to the Director, Project Services, your overall responsibility would be to bring the engineering deliverable production and project activities together (procurement, construction, and commissioning) in a systematic, chronological sequence and successfully meeting the needs and expectations of all stakeholders. You will ensure that communication is accurate, constant and fluent in all aspects of the project and that deadlines and timeframes are manageable, realistic and fiscally responsible.
- Set up and maintain schedules as a basis for the engineering, procurement and commissioning phase of projects
- Work with Project Managers to identify schedule and cost risks, and develop risk management plans
- Prepare and maintain all schedules for the project including the master schedule, plant schedules and other schedules, as required.
- Prepare generic schedule templates to develop proposal specific schedules for prospective clients
- Accurately track and report on project progress utilizing constant communication with team members from all locations with respect to engineering, procurement and commissioning
- Identify time-critical situations, expedite and follow up to ensure materials, tooling, processes and paperwork are in place to support the project goal
- Provide on-going excellent customer service on a day to day basis.
- Liaise with customers, subcontractors and internal staff as required
- Evaluate progress performance trends to identify potential impacts to manpower/schedule
- Monitor, review and analyze the schedule and status of contractors during all phases of the project, including the analysis of any schedule deviations and corrective actions
- Perform other related duties, as required
- Proficient in Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient working with Microsoft Project. Experience with PrimaVera is an asset.
- Proven ability in planning, organization and meeting bottom line results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated the ability to perform multiple tasks with changing priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivation, independence, ability to take initiative and to work effectively with all organizational levels is required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Experience working in a n EPCM is a definite asset
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Attend project staff meetings, when necessary, provide feedback and support as required.
- Maintain thorough records to respond to any issues, inquiries or concerns arising within all projects.
- Provide feedback to their Manager for company workload and schedule management.
- Support their Manager with miscellaneous tasks including project requirements and corporate requirements.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Aligned with CEM’s core values.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate! Would you be interested in joining our team? Send us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- working in an EPCM: 3 years (Preferred)
- scheduler/planner: 3 years (Required)
- St. Catharines, ON (Preferred)
- legally entitled to work in Canada (Preferred)
- Construction Management or Advance Project Schedule Mgmt (Preferred)
- read and write English proficiently (Preferred)