You're Looking. We're hiring. Join our team.
We are a leading manufacturer who utilizes waste plastic that would otherwise go to landfills and pollute our oceans. We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. You will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organization that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable avenues.
What does it mean to join our team?
· We are passionate about people – the environment, our communities, and our team
· Employer paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
· Competitive wages, with shift premiums
· Programs designed to support your learning and development
· Career growth and advancement opportunities – we strongly believe in internal promotions and are proud to say the majority of our leaders have grown in our business
As a team member, you can expect to:
Under the guidance of the Production Shift Supervisor, the Production Operator will:
· Follow workplace operating and environmental and health and safety procedures and guidelines.
· Follow directions consistently and accurately. Cooperate with peers and management in a respectful manner. Maintain a good attendance record.
· Weighing and dispensing of raw materials. Proper mixing, blending, and transporting of in-process products per Batch Sheet instructions.
· Cleaning of processing equipment and tools
· Transport raw materials, finished product and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
· Participate in daily maintenance and shutdown maintenance activities, such as changing filters on equipment, sort, pack and crate materials, etc.
· Review products for quality and conformance standards and reporting issues to supervisor
· Operate forklift safely upon successful completion of training
· Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
What we are looking for:
· Minimum of secondary education, post-secondary is an asset
· Minimum of one year of manufacturing experience or equivalent
· Work a 12.25 hour continental shift
· Technical / mechanical aptitude and the ability to use hand tools is required
· Ability to work in a position requiring:
o Continuous standing and walking
o Lifting up to 55 lbs
o Squatting, bending, stooping, grasping, pushing, pulling and lifting
o Able to tolerate an environment with exposure to heat, cold, noise, dust, and work around moving equipment.
· Working knowledge of production equipment and understanding of manufacturing processes as it relates to plastic processing would be an asset
· A positive attitude, along with ambition, organization, and service spirit.
· Highly motivated, conscientious, self-managed team player, with experience working in a production team environment
· Safety conscience and professional
Continental Shift Schedule:
· 12.25 hours continental shifts
· Schedule rotates after every two (2) weeks (week 1 @ 2 days & week 2 @ 5 days)
· Overtime Pay & night and weekend premiums
GreenMantra is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known to Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
All employees/visitors are required to wear a mask and be fully vaccinated prior to employment.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brantford, ON N3S 5A1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Chemical Operations: 1 year (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)