Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional engineering and construction services.
We provide our people with the opportunity to determine their own career path and fulfill their ambitions. We empower our clients by tailoring our solutions to their specific needs. We strengthen our community by connecting them to what is possible today and providing a solid foundation for tomorrow.
Primary is powered by our people. Our diverse teams and inclusive culture are the core that powers Primary. Our diversity allows us to better serve our customers and Engineering communities by listening to and enabling unique perspectives. Primary remains committed to fostering an open and safe environment in which the voices of all team members, clients and community members are heard. As we grow our company, we will continue to remove barriers and create new opportunities within our industry.
Reporting to the Manager – Contract Design, the Intermediate Electrical Distribution Designer is responsible to provide timely and efficient execution of technical designs for client projects.
- Collect and review pertinent background information to inform design.
- Create alignment plans, survey plans, easement plans and other preliminary deliverables for review.
- Compile specifications and issue requests for third party services including survey, geotechnical review, grounding studies, brushing requests, constructability reviews, environmental assessments, and easement applications.
- Perform detailed overhead line design calculations and modelling of various structures.
- Perform detailed underground distribution design calculations and modelling.
- Draft, or oversee drafting, of required construction prints per customer requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service in the form of prompt responses, courteous discourse, honest interaction, and proactive communication.
- Coordinate designs with customers, landowners, approving bodies, and other stakeholders.
- Compile and submit permitting and approvals packages.
- Aid the Design Lead and/or Project Manager in establishing firm timelines and budgets.
- Review the designs, drawings, and calculations of junior staff.
- Mentor junior technical staff in technical and non-technical skills.
- Other work as required.
- Applicants MUST present with a valid CET, EIT, PL Eng. Or P. Eng. Designation.
- Valid full Class 5 driver’s license and clean abstract
- Permit to work in Canada
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Applicants should demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and a strong propensity for organization.
- Applicants should be confident in learning a variety of online tools and software.
- Firm understanding of Microsoft office tools (Word/Outlook/Excel) is REQUIRED.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are REQUIRED.
- Applicants MUST demonstrate ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work well under pressure.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence.
**Please Note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Class 5 Driver's License (required)