Salius Rehab is looking for a part-time Rehabilitation Assistant to work at a residential care site in Vancouver, BC. This position is for 35 hours a week starting November 1st.
The Rehabilitation Assistant (RA) is accountable for ensuring the delivery of the treatment program as prescribed by the Physiotherapist and/or Occupational Therapist. The RA will work in a long term care facility and will support clients to help them achieve their maximum potential.
Key responsibilities include carrying out the prescribed treatment program as directed and taught, documenting the client's progress, and reporting outcomes to the applicable regulated health care provider.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following depending on the work assignment:
- Implements a rehabilitation program with the client as directed by the PT and/or OT
- Promotes maximum independence of the client in the care-site
- Implements exercise programs or group exercise classes as directed
- Implements behavioural interventions with the client as directed
- Facilitates and supervises activities of daily living as directed
- Facilitates and implements social re-integration as directed
- Promotes and implements leisure activities as directed
- Attends case conferences and team meetings as required
- Understands and implements infection prevention practice
- Participates in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adheres to Salius Rehab Policies and Procedures and Care Home Specific Policies and Procedures
- Participates in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Salius Rehab personnel
- Completes other tasks as requested
- Completion of a recognized Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and/or Rehabilitation Assistant College Program. Salius Rehab will also consider a university degree in Kinesiology.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Enjoy interacting with people and working in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently and effectively collaborate with a team.
- Ability to be self-directed and take direction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computers and proficiency with email.
- Commitment to continual learning.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)