One word - transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay, and so do our 20,000+ customers. We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient, and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business worldwide by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive the business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on-premise systems.
Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite, we work hard, and we work smart. We hire fierce competitors. We hire individuals that are fearless trailblazers. NetSuite employees take the hill, we prefer action over inaction, we are tireless in our mission, and we pause only to celebrate our success. And we DO celebrate because if you don’t have fun along the way, then what’s the point?
The Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of Oracle NetSuite Professional Services implementations of the NetSuite applications. Under the guidance of NetSuite’s delivery methodology, the resource will drive the delivery of NetSuite’s Professional Services engagements according to the agreed-upon scope, time, and budget – all while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
The Project Manager is a key player in managing, tracking, and communicating the progress of projects and ensuring the quality delivery of Oracle NetSuite’s Professional Services. From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning customer-specific engagements, managing the business requirements development, review, and signoff process, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, executing the change management process when needed, and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks. The Project Manager will manage multiple concurrent projects and work with several resources within a matrix environment.
From initiation through to completion, the Project Manager will be responsible for the construction, presentation, and signoffs of key deliverables such as project kickoff presentations, project plans, regular status reports, risk and issue logs, and working with the appropriate teams on change orders when required. S/he will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle. Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations concerning project scope, the NetSuite delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management processes, communication, and risk management plans.
- Be passionately customer-focused; relentlessly pursue providing an excellent customer experience every time.
- Establish, maintain and deepen client relationships by providing results and exceeding expectations.
- Deliver 5+ concurrent projects using the defined NetSuite delivery methodology.
- Plan, manage and communicate the progress of projects, achieving project milestones and maintaining project momentum.
- Identify and effectively mitigate risks.
- Facilitate resolution of issues and roadblocks, escalate when appropriate.
- Communicate well with all stakeholders, internal and external, including project sponsors, project managers, and project team members.
- Work collaboratively with project delivery leads and project resources.
- Effectively manage scope, budget, timeline, resources, quality, and customer satisfaction throughout the project.
- Communicate effectively with and project-manage remote resources in a matrix environment, including offshore resources.
- Forecast and deliver against committed hours for your project portfolio.
- Deliver a diverse scope of services where project management requires analysis of numerous factors.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and compliance with internal processes and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications/Skills include:
- At least 5+ years of cumulative experience in a systems applications Project/Program Management, either internally via an IT organization or externally with a consulting firm or software provider.
- Outstanding client-facing skills. History of building extraordinary relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to handle various projects simultaneously; adapts quickly and easily – manages multiple deadlines and multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience successfully delivering presentations and managing meetings via web conferencing.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional escalation management skills.
- Demonstrates thoughtfulness and excellent judgment when selecting methods and techniques for achieving project success.
- Demonstrated ability to interact well at the “C” level.
- Independently organizes and performs work required with minimal guidance, direction, and follow-up.
- Ability to forecast work accurately, proactively manage workload, and assist project teams with doing the same.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Works effectively as part of multiple, varied project teams and demonstrates a genuine commitment to team success.
- Takes the initiative and ownership—proactive, results-oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines.
- A strong background in project management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
- Strong client management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Implementation experience with ERP and CRM applications, and a good understanding of integration, data, customization, and other ERP implementation-related principles; experience with NetSuite or competing solutions a plus.
- Formal Project Management methodology training, with significant practical use. Certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) are a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Consulting organization, you are responsible for ensuring that a quality, integrated software solution is delivered in a timely manner, at budget, and to our client*s satisfaction. This involves working closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations, as well as working closely with Oracle and third-party vendors to ensure delivery.
Create and manage an overall project plan (including budget, structure, schedule, and staffing needs) for one or more Oracle engagements. Monitor and report progress/changes against the plan. Drive implementation by providing motivation and direction.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures. A BS or BA in related fields. 3 - 6 years overall experience in functional or technical role.