Coordinate the flow of inbound and outbound freight while staying abreast of daily priorities and weekly/Monthly transportation targets.
Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures ( Dedicated )
Review KPI’s and provide monthly reports to Management
Assist with Warehouse a Logistics Projects as they come.
- Communicate with brokers, carriers and the customers to resolve any discrepancies
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Prepare Customs / Export documents for all US or other documentation including, but not limited to, PODs, BOL and carrier confirmation.
- Proactively communicate service risks to customers to provide proper resolution
- Track shipments from pick-up to delivery status to ensure all load requirements are met
- Dispatch shipments by coordinating with Dedicated Asset Dispatchers, contacting carriers, negotiating needed equipment and price and clearly defining expectations in order to best service the customer and Branches
- Strong desire to expand knowledge within systems such as SAP and BI
- Monitor and submit Claims with Carriers
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Chain/Transportation industry is required
- Experience dealing with and LTL shipments Domestic and Cross Border.
- Familiarity with Customs Processes and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Word, with the aptitude to learn new software quickly
- Problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Superior customer service and excellent customer relations skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory issues, regulations and truck shipping laws.
- Excellent verbal and written English, French is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)