Experience a Challenging and Rewarding Opportunity
As the nation’s leading self-storage Company, with 62 properties and 40 years of continuing success and growth, Public Storage Canada can offer you a stable career with challenge, excitement and independence.
We are looking to hire applicants who enjoy working in a challenging environment to oversee all aspects of a self-storage facility.
- Outgoing, customer oriented professional
- Willing and able to perform cleaning duties and work outdoors.
- A self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- A good communicator with some computer skills
- Flexible to work at multiple locations
- Available during the week and on weekends
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Performs lock checks and general property inspections at least twice each day
- Cleans and/or dusts doors, floors, walls, hallways, common surface areas, drive paths, loading bays, and tenant washrooms. Cleans spaces as vacated. Remove small garbage items left throughout property grounds (interior/exterior), snow removal from walkways as needed
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures all safety equipment and checklists are properly maintained for each shift, fire sprinkler checks, draining drip drums, safety checklists, etc.
- Provides outstanding customer service at all times
- Greet customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Understands and have knowledge of Public Storage products and services and communicates them effectively to fit customer needs
- Listens and responds to voicemail and phone inquiries, internet inquiries and tenant concerns, maintaining courtesy and professionalism in every interaction
- Sells merchandise and insurance, seeks customer online reviews and participates in other corporate marketing programs
- Assists the Property Manager in reaching the facilities individual merchandise, occupancy and delinquency goals and promotes Public Storage best practices
- Controls delinquencies through regular phone contact, notifications, including email and letters
- Maintains manual and operations logs for petty cash, postage, merchandise counts, reservations, NSF cheques, etc. and completes daily bank deposits and filing as needed
- Competitive Salary
- 30 Days of Training
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- Advancement and Growth Opportunities
- Full Benefit Plan after 3 Months
- Employer / Employee Sponsored Group Retirement Saving Program
- Employee Discounts
- Yearly Merit Increases
Hours of operation: our facility offices are open Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm, Saturday-Sunday 9:30AM-5:00PM.
Please visit us at:
Working together we will continue to be the business of choice for our customers and employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour