Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold underground mine. It is located 240 kilometres north of Whitehorse along the Klondike Highway. We have a dynamic fast paced environment with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Calgary.
Minto has recommenced operations and continues to ramp up production throughout 2020. We are building a strong future and legacy for our partners, investors, and staff.
We are looking for people with dynamic skill sets and strong work ethic to be part of our team!
We are seeking Water Treatment Plant Operator for a full-time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two week on/two weeks off rotation.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have;
- Three (3) years experience as a Water Treatment Plant Operator;
- Experience operating other circuits such as Crushing and Grinding in a flotation plant;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the environment;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Valid driver's license;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Operate water treatment plant, including multi-media filters and reverse osmosis units;
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis; including changing filters;
- Monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges;
- Collect and test water samples in the water treatment plant;
- Record meter and gauge readings, and operational data; troubleshoot for process conditions;
- Clean and maintain equipment, tanks, filter beds, and other work areas;
- Able to handle reagents/chemicals in a safe manner. Required to mix some reagents as needed;
- Stay current on environmental laws and regulations; be aware of water quality parameters;
- Ensure safety standards are met;
- Hold a valid drivers licence;
- Follow all company policies & procedures;
- Be a team player, and good communicator to your team and cross-shift;
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
Priority consideration will be given to internal candidates and Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations, and residents of Yukon Territory.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Temporary, Fly-In/Fly-Out
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place