State Window Corporation is a PROFIT 500 manufacturing and construction company located in Vaughan, ON. State manufactures, designs and installs window wall, curtain wall and railing systems for high rise condominiums.
Our values allow us to thrive in today’s ever-changing global environment. Through innovation and a relentless passion for what we do, we constantly strive to conduct a business that is ethically, responsibly, and sustainably sound. We are extremely proud of this passion, and endlessly driven by dependability, loyalty, and honesty. Finally, our commitment to our customers is what drives us. We take pride in our work. We take pride in our people. We take pride in our dedication to quality, every step of the way.
State is looking to hire a Project Coordinator in the railings division. Apply today if you are a qualified applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reports directly to the Engineering Manager (EM). The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Project Manager (PM), Field Manager (FM), and Installer on project specific tasks. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Full understanding of blueprints and use of Bluebeam for marking up drawings;
- Prepare project start up documents and send out start up checklist;
- Order print out Tender set and drawings as required;
- Download and ensure to receive all necessary drawings/documents to start the shop drawing process (Architectural, Slab edge, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical in CAD and Hardcopies – preferably IFC drawings);
- Order samples to Purchasing and submit to the contractor for approval;
- Use standard State boxes to send out samples;
- Create and update approved sample list;
- Attend internal Scope of Work meeting with EM, PM and Estimator;
- Download all SI’s and advise PM;
- Update the SI log and advise PM for any extras;
- Send stamped shop drawing to contractor;
- Prepare LEED forms as required;
- Prepare Progress Draws for Installers;
- Print sets of the latest marked up shop drawing for takeoff, breakdown and for Installers at kick off meeting;
- Prepare the parts quantity report for Installer’s contract;
- Assist with parts releases if required;
- Download the latest slab edge and structural drawing prior to breakdown;
- Update Outstanding CCOs and send a follow up email to contractor;
- Update the installer/FM’s information tracker;
- Access Bridget to track deficiencies;
- Act as a backup for other project coordinators when they are on vacation;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Engineering Manager; and
- Represent SRC, as requested, in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- Ability to read architectural drawings;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel Outlook, and AutoCAD;
- Involved in a project from start to finish as required;
- Ability to support/assist Project Managers and Engineering Manager on day to day tasks;
- Tactical mindset, manage multiple priorities and deadlines with minimal supervision; and
- Discretion, judgment, and tact to handle confidential information.
- Office setting;
- Site visits requires wearing PPE and in certain other locations;
- At times requires driving a company vehicle to visit sites, clients or suppliers; and
- Flexible to work overtime as required.
Health/dental medical benefits, prescription glasses, 2 weeks-vacation, 6 personal days, yearly salary review, yearly performance-based bonuses, bagels every Friday, monthly pizza lunches to celebrate our birthdays, summer hours, discounted group home/auto insurance, RRSP program, Goodlife Fitness corporate membership, staff social events and more…
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). SWC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)