Crossroads C&I (CCI) is the leading distributors of thermal and acoustical insulation and related supplies for maintenance and repair operations in the Canada. We are the largest providers of specialty insulation and related fabrication in Canada. We distribute industrial and commercial insulation, firestopping, refractory, marine, removable pads, safety products and contractor supplies. We serve power generation facilities, petrochemical and industrial refinery plants, governmental and institutional buildings, military and commercial vessels and offshore rigs as well as other facilities and industries.
Headquartered in Edmonton Alberta with locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, our expansive network ensures customers of unparalleled technical expertise, convenient custom fabrication service and timely delivery via our in-house fleet. We represent the manufacturing icons of our industry with broad product lines that provide a wide range of benefits in energy conservation, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, increased process productivity, condensation control and enhanced worker safety, all of which significantly increase our customers.
Customer Service Representative - Crossroads C&I Ottawa ON Canada
Afternoon Shift - 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Open Positions - 1
40 Hours a week with some overtime may be required
- Vision, Medical, Life, LTD, Dental after 3 months
- Pension with company matching after 1 year
This position provides effective customer service for all internal and external customers by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as team members within the organization. Also provides branch collection support for customer service and administration.
Essential Job Functions
- Interacts with customers to establish ongoing value-added relationships
- Manages all aspects of customer relationships from quotation through payment of invoices
- Become a reliable resource to customers and co-workers on sales order status and information
- Show initiative by identifying and analyzing problems and proposing acceptable solutions
- Receives sale calls, quotation requests, faxes, mail, EDI, email, and will-call orders
- Provides inventory and pricing information
- Coordinate with outside sales, purchasing, billing, management, and warehouse customer issues
- Enters or processes delivery ticket/shop orders
- Produce and negotiate customer quotations and proposals
- Contacts customers concerning late payments, invoicing issues, and other issues involving credit and receivable items for branch assigned accounts.
- Reports collection status to AR and management
- Occasionally attends client visits with sales representatives
- Informs and complies with company return goods policy
- Assists outside sales in order processing and customer services
- Quote follow-up and track lost sales reports as well as expediting all customer inquiries and orders
- Arrange direct and/odeliveries to correct customer problems
- Process credit card transactions
- Assist in physical inventory
- Assist will call customers in placing orders
- Participate in special projects as requested by management
- Championing Customer Needs
- Prioritizing and Organizing Work
- Driving for Results
- Establishing Relationships
- Managing Time
- Some College – Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years sales experience
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Strong communication, organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team sales environment with minimal supervision.
- Experience with MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
- Dependability and ability to learn quickly.
General office environment and occasional exposure to non-climate controlled warehouse. Requires standing, sitting, driving, use hands, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, read, talk and hear; the employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Crossroads C&I welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. If you are a person with a disability and have questions or would like help with your application, please contact 416-241-8663 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position