Reporting to the Regional Director of Sales- Western Canada and General Managers, the Area Sales Manager- Winnipeg is responsible for managing overall account management, business generation, prospecting and achieving the top line sales and overall revenue generating efforts for our three hotels in the Winnipeg market. The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and maintaining key accounts in the market and have a strong understanding on how to develop relationships with customers and how to effectively prospect for new business.
Preference will be given to those with Hilton, Best Western and IHG experience. Preference will also be given to those with experience in the Winnipeg hotel market. Only those that are legally able to work in Canada will be considered.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to drive business in new and existing markets
- Achieve established room night quotas and sales call quotas (including solicitation calls, customer sites, entertaining, and other correspondence) for three properties.
- Work with and mentor onsite property sales team members to ensure property top line revenues are achieved
- Proactively solicit and qualifies existing and new business to achieve personal and hotels revenue goals. This will be done through sales calls, trade shows, promotions, inquiries, telephone contacts and sales trips
- Establish and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Promptly send proposals, contracts and other sales correspondence
- Accurately confirm all bookings, quotes and negotiate rates while adhering to the hotels rate structure, credit policies and general hotels policies and procedures
- Maintain an up -to-date accurate client file, any database and tracking system
- Determines and develops marketing communication activities including strong social media experience in handling business pages.
- Research markets in order to identify potential sources of business and increase market share
- Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors and industry trends
- In close contact with the client or group while in house in order to ensure satisfaction and also to enable re-solicitation for future business
- Involved with guest feedback in order to maintain product need and standard of the hotels performance
- Produces and implements quarterly action plan to achieve weekly activities quotas and annual revenue goal.
- Contribute ideas to the Sales and Marketing action plans based on customer's feedback, knowledge of the marketplace and sales targets
- Ensure excellent lines of communication within the Sales and Events department and interdepartmentally
- Conducts site tours for clients. Entertain clients in-house or in restaurants near client’s offices, and at approved social functions.
- Prepare sales reports and leads regular sales meetings
- Minimum of 5 years past sales experience hotel is an asset
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mandatory proficiency in MS Word and Excel required
- Proficiency in Power Point Presentation is required
- Must be creative self-starter, able to meet deadlines, work independently and possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High School graduation diploma required; business and or hospitality diploma or degree preferred.
Health and Safety:
- Follow hotel safe work procedures and policy, including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Know and comply with all Occupational Health & Safety regulations, as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Ministry of Labour.
- Report all injuries or illnesses to a supervisor or manager immediately.
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee by bringing health and safety concerns or issues to the attention of the committee.
May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
Physical/ Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
A significant amount of time is spent communicating and interacting with various people inside and outside of the hotel.
Reading and writing abilities are often used when communicating with the hotel outlets and outside contacts when planning menus and services, as well as to document any sales related activity.
A large portion of time is spent, detailing contracts, conducting tours, meeting and greeting clients and/or meeting and directing with other hotel departments.
Some travel is necessary in order to meet potential clients and to attend conventions and trade shows along with company meetings and training opportunities
Attention to detail is essential. Handwriting skills must be honed in order for all written information to be legible as this information is read by many staff members.
Reports to: Regional Director of Sales- Western Canada and Hotel General Managers
This job description is a general representation of the duties and responsibilities; it may be modified at an individual hotel based upon business necessity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Are you in Winnipeg or surrounding areas and is eligible to work Canada?
- Sales: 5 years (preferred)