Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing residential, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to individuals who have developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin, and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
We are looking to hire a Program Assistant to provide administrative support to the Dual Diagnosis Service and the Reception, on a full time contract basis, for approximately 18 months.
- To provide reception, clerical and administrative services for the Regional Dual Diagnosis Service at CWSDS by receiving visitors and telephone calls to the office, distributing incoming mail, organizing and responding to routine correspondence, typing reports and consultations, performing data entry, performing filing, team meeting minutes, and performing general administrative duties as assigned.
- Receiving visitors, determining the nature of their business, and notifying the staff member of their arrival of visitors.
- Answering telephone calls at the reception switchboard, usually on the office’s “general inquiry” line. Responding to callers’ general queries while not discussing any “restricted” subjects. Referring complex or “difficult” queries to the appropriate staff.
- Noting and relaying messages provided by callers or visitors for staff members who are absent or otherwise engaged.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail to appropriate staff member/desk.
- Liaising with clinical staff to keep them informed of bookings and to verify available dates/ times that can be booked.
- Team Meetings - booking meeting rooms, distributing materials and taking and transcribing minutes, as requested.
- Maintaining general filing of materials, as assigned. Maintaining the filing of clinical records; keeping files secure.
- Requesting office supplies and toner for copier machine and printers. Ensuring proper stocking levels.
- Maintaining the internal telephones and extensions list up to date.
- As assigned, using/updating a database, such as e-mail address lists, mailing lists, and address labels.
- Using Microsoft Office applications to type reports, consultations, letters, memos, and e-mail.
- Preparing standardized responses/formats, such as acknowledgements; updating forms and templates.
- Types dictated consultant reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma in business administration, office administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience, preferably in a social services environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the developmental services sector an asset.
- Advanced ability in the use of Outlook and Microsoft Office and other office automation software.
- Proven superior organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Positive attitude and flexible approach.
- Demonstrated ability to act proactively and to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly prioritize and resolve critical issues, as well as an ability to multi-task in high-pressure situations.
Location: 53 Bond St, Oakville
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $21.08 /hour
- providing administrative support: 2 years (Required)