The Production Scheduler will be primarily responsible for creating, managing and executing the detailed daily internal
plant schedules based on the Master Production Schedule inputs while maximizing resource utilization. This position
will require collaboration with cross functional teams such as Operations, QA, Warehouse, R&D, Logistics and
Purchasing. The Production Scheduler will help support achievement of Daiya’s customer service level and production
efficiency targets while promoting best production practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop detailed daily/weekly production schedule aligned with the weekly Master Production Schedule volumes
and ensure accurate and timely production execution
- Plan and schedule workflows and operations according to established manufacturing sequences, scheduling
parameters and lead times
- Communicate regularly with Production managers, Supervisors, QA, Maintenance and R&D on production
status/issues and establish priorities
- Create and issue daily manufacturing orders/jobs in Syspro for packaging lines and cook rooms in a timely manner
- Coordinate schedule changes as needed and re-issue production schedule to reflect updates
- Assist in evaluating and maintaining plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes and manpower
- Monitor weekly schedule attainment and communicate production performance to stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining and improving the detailed scheduling tools and processes
- Support production planning continuous improvement initiatives and establish relevant planning KPIs
- Work with operations in addressing and resolving production issues such as material shortages and manpower
constraints, aiming for minimum disruption of planned production
- Identify and elevate issues to the Associate Supply Planning Manager that may impact weekly commitments if not
resolved in a timely manner
- Review and update standard operating procedures for approval as required
- Additional duties may be assigned to support other Supply Chain projects or team members, or duties may be
changed to meet business needs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree, diploma or experience in scheduling, logistics, operations or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years scheduling experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution setting with demonstrated
knowledge of manufacturing processes, production planning and order fulfillment
- Knowledge of consumer-packaged goods in the food industry is an asset
- Experience with using ERP systems
RELATED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to delivering outstanding customer service
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take independent initiatives as needed
- Able to handle high pressure, high volume, time sensitive work flow.
- Able to persuade and positively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Possess customer focused attitude
- Able to deal tactfully and efficiently with all inquiries.
- Desire to learn and "Can Do!" attitude. Must be a team player and a problem solver.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Competitive wages
- MSP and Extended Health benefits fully paid by Daiya for your family
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- RRSP matching your retirement contributions
- Annual personal health and wellness fund
- Fun and creative environment
- Inspiring and innovative work
- Smart and passionate teams
- Making people and the planet a healthier place
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to email@example.com with “Production Scheduler” on the subject line.