Warehouse Manager - Toronto
As Canada's leading General Services Contractor, providing products and services to conventions and trade shows across the country, GES CANADA is committed to service excellence and the highest standards attainable. We are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager to work from our Mississauga office.
GES Canada provides and installs materials used by trade show managers and exhibitors. The product assortment ranges from rental furniture to carpets and exhibit material. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for proactively managing, coordinating and continuously improving all Warehouse processes. In addition to order fulfillment, the scope of work includes reverse logistics, trucking operations, a woodshop, carpet cleaning and maintenance, as well as health and safety and building upkeep. The Warehouse Manager will ensure the delivery of the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible. This position reports to the Senior Director of Operations.
- Ensure that customer-driven work orders are executed correctly and efficiently, based on Best Practices and current SOP’s. Identify and implement improvements that will increase the effectiveness and efficiency of current processes.
- Financial responsibility to manage departmental overhead, show and warehouse costs at or below plan.
- Represent the warehouse function in key show planning meetings.
- Provide leadership and support for the warehouse supervisor, foremen and their departments. Oversee scheduling.
- Manage the carpet depot program. Track carpet inventory against requirements and source appropriately.
- Ensure all inventory and supplies are in good working condition and maintain/replace as necessary.
- Sourcing and purchasing for specialty/custom items needed from time to time.
- Ensure compliance with the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of Transportation standards.
- Manage annual capital and expendable inventory counts to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Manage building maintenance procedures including facility repair, HVAC systems, CHUBB security, sprinkler/fire maintenance, snow removal and preventative maintenance programs.
- Manage warehouse labour in accordance with current labour agreement and participate in labour negotiations.
- Management member of Joint Health and Safety Committee. Work with Director of HR to ensure all health and safety as well as Ministry of Labour policies are followed.
- Procurement – strategize to find the most effective pricing and services from suppliers.
- Manage annual city inventory count in accordance with GES policies.
- Ensure trucking fleet is in excellent working condition. All pertinent safety certifications are completed/up to date.
- Provide for maintenance and facility repair.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in an operational environment including managing/supervising union and non-union labour forces.
- Experience working in highly seasonal environments with peak periods that require extended workdays and some weekends.
- Must be detail oriented and with strong analytical and computer (Excel) skills
- Tradeshow and/or events Industry experience preferred.
Interested applicants may submit their resumes and salary expectations by email. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
GES is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please advise us as soon as possible by calling 905-283-0567.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Excel : 5 years (Preferred)
- tradeshow and/or events industry: 2 years (Preferred)
- managing/supervising union and non-union labour : 5 years (Preferred)
- operational environment : 5 years (Preferred)