Uniqspace Solutions have a great opportunity for qualified Installation Technicians to add to their expanding Ontario team. Candidates will be installing Operable Partitions, Demountable Office Partitions and Fire doors mostly in the GTA and throughout Ontario.
Uniqspace is an industry leader in flexible and innovative space optimization solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications. We provide the largest array of operable partitions, fire doors and glass wall systems within our territory, and are experiencing growth within the company.
Installation, service and maintenance of Operable Walls, Demountable Partitions, Fire doors, and other specialty products.
Daily travel to different job sites, for most of Ontario (Including some overnights) but primarily in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the construction sector and experience working with power tools and working at varying heights
- Adherence to safety standards, a working knowledge of all safety & quality control requirements, fall protection practices, regulations, and procedures for crew
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including early morning, evening and weekends, including working overtime
- Communicate and interact effectively with crew members and other contractors and trades
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Must be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
Additional assets include:
- Carpentry, millwright, welding and glazing experience is an asset
- Experience and certification in equipment operations such as zoom boom, telehandler, forklift
- Familiarity with using power tools, lasers, tape measures, and chain hoisting
- Must have a mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blue prints, solve site problems and perform quality work while maintaining a focus on controlling costs
- Job related certifications-safety, CPR, and first aid
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Comfortable working at height
Important information for Applicants:
- Candidates must have a full G driver's licence and submit a driver’s abstract
- Candidates must agree to a criminal record check
- Drug free work place and zero tolerance safety program
- Preference given to those with: Working at heights certification, worker awareness, fork lift training, first aid and Scissor lift training
Group benefits which include Extended Health, Dental and Vision.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Application Deadline: 2020-06-11
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $23.00 to $26.00 /hour
All employees must abide by company's COVID-19 safety plan that includes wearing masks and gloves (supplied), washing hands reguarliy, using hand sanitizer (provided), disinfecting all tools and equipment and completing daily COVID-19 question.
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)