- A Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology is preferred.
- Must have current registration to practice as a Speech Language Pathologist with good standing in any one province or territory. - Must have, or be eligible for, certification with the Speech-Language and Audiologists Canada (SAC).
- Must carry liability Insurance.
- Experience with preschool and school age children is required.
- General clinical experience of two or more years is preferred.
- Proficiency in the Inuktitut language is an asset.
- Experience writing reports and drafting own correspondence and reports is preferred.
- Experience in program development is preferred.
- Cross cultural awareness and experience preferred. - Experience with electronic health records is preferred.
- Must have current child abuse registry and criminal record check.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Effective oral and written communication, time management, organizational and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team are essential.
- An understanding of the health care system and health practices is required
- Must have a well-developed understanding of professional responsibility and confidentiality
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and therefore must be self-directed and able to prioritize own work.
- Must be creative and adaptable in working situations which may vary greatly in their quality and availability of resources. - Demonstrated computer literacy is required.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $88,881.00 to $106,626.00 /year