A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
Reporting to the Supervisor, Demand Planning, the chosen candidate will prepare short- and long-term forecasts by collecting and analyzing information and working closely with sales, marketing and supply planning teams to ensure accuracy of forecasts.
Note that this is a temporary opportunity of approximately 1 year with the possibility of permanence.
- Develop basic weekly forecasts, based on industry and market trends, including feature and promotional forecasting by SKU and product category management;
- Contribute and facilitate cross-functional meetings with sales, marketing, category management and supply planning teams to develop forecasts of anticipated changes in product development demand (new products, products to be deleted, new registrations, etc.);
- Improve forecast accuracy through analysis of historical order patterns, seasonal and promotional escalations, pricing strategies, product lifecycles, and costumers’ strategic plans and consumer trends;
- Work with the supply planning team to achieve sales order fill rate targets and minimize the risk of code product shortage;
- Analyze and communicate metrics forecasts and changes;
- Support and maintain standards Saputo Canada Dairy Products G.P. quality.
- Two to three years experience in forecasting and demand planning related to the dairy, food and consumer products industry;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field is preferred;
- Strong leadership, communication and critical thinking skills;
- Full proficiency in forecasting software (an asset);
- Experience in S&OP (an asset);
- Bilingualism (French and English) in speaking and writing is an asset.