Manager - GFHA
Grise Fiord Housing Association is currently looking for a Carpenter to join their M & I (maintenance and Improvement) team in Grise Fiord, NU!
Reporting to the Manger, the Journeyman/Journeywoman Carpenter is responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to project requirements.
The incumbent will also work in cooperation with other trades and laborers to ensure that all specifications, legislation, and policies are met, and to ensure efficient completion of any project.
This is a contract, full-time position beginning asap until Sept 30, 2021 This is a summer project only
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of carpentry for renovation work in accordance with work orders, scopes of work, plans and specifications
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations
- Completion of work order forms, detailing work performed, and materials used
- Supervision/training of apprentices as required
- Oversee skilled laborers that are assigned to assist with any project work
- Perform tasks in accordance with health and safety standards
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Current carpentry license / Red Seal Certification Endorsement (RSE) REQUIRED
- technical trade experience
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible with good judgment delivering a high level of efficiency and proficiency
- Must demonstrate a positive and professional demeanor
- Must have a strong work ethic and be reliable
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination
- Current driver’s license
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector background check required
Starting Date: Immediate, (If not fully vaccinated 2-week paid Isolation will be required)
Employment Status: Contract until Sept 30, 2021
Working Hours: Your work schedule will be 60 hours a week. Six 10 hour day (MON-SAT) For the Term of the assignment
Work Location: Grise Fiord, Nunavut
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to our organization, are self-driven and Would like the opportunity to work in Canadas most Northern Community interested parties may submit their resume and cover letter by clicking "Apply Now" to this Indeed posting or email
About Us: Grise Fiord Housing Association is a nonprofit organization. We over see The Maintenance of 45 public unit's and 4 GN staff housing units.
Benefits of Working for Us:
- Starting wage: $40.00 per hour
- $6.00 per hour food allowance
- Travel to and from original hire location
- Staff housing
- Priority will be given to Nunavummiut / Inuit.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: 2021-MNT- 01
Part-time hours: 60 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $40.00 per hour