Materials Technician - (190001EF)
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Materials Technician has responsibility for providing effective and competent technical support / testing to Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd. in a safe, legal, and ethical manner, working closely with the Engineering Manager, Construction Services and the technicians team.
- This is a position which will appeal to a self-motivated individual with a strong technical/practical background, excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and a solid work ethic, coupled with an interest in career growth.
2. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Conduct Laboratory and field materials testing on concrete, soil and aggregate materials to within CCIL certification for Concrete and Aggregate.
- Conduct field and laboratory testing on materials and geotechnical projects for various clients throughout the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Conduct field materials sampling on materials and geotechnical projects as required working with the Engineering Manager, Laboratory Supervisor and clients.
- Become proficient in various CSA and ASTM Materials Testing Standard and Procedures for concrete and aggregate materials testing including the use of Nuclear Densometers for compaction.
- Assist the Laboratory Supervisor in conducting and completing materials testing and certification as required.
- Provide Materials Testing Services and Inspection on site and in the laboratory as required.
- Responsible for maintaining work order and unit posting process along with the Laboratory Supervisor for project billings.
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
3. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
- The Materials Technician reports to the Engineering Manager, Construction Services with a dotted line
The Laboratory Supervisor / Senior Material Technician.
4. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology is preferred or, alternatively, equivalent technical experience.
- 2-4 years progressive experience in soil, aggregate, geotechnical and concrete materials testing.
- Eligible to CCIL Concrete Testing Category CCIL Type C and D Aggregate Certification and CCIL Concrete Category “0” and “1”.
- Familiar with civil engineering construction QA/QC inspection and test standards and procedures to ASTM and CSA standards.
- ASTTBC Membership preferred.
5. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format (Technical Memo’s for project need to be clear and legible).
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Effective business writing and composition skills with a good command of the English language.
- Ability to complete tasks.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Microsoft Office software knowledge.
Coquitlam Brigantine Drive 1500 Brigantine Drive Coquitlam V3K 7C1
CAN20:Intertek Testing Services NA Ltd
May 24, 2019, 8:38:48 AM