WGI Westman Group Inc., also known as The Westman Group of Companies (the “Group”), is a dynamic entrepreneurial group of companies composed of Meridian Manufacturing Inc., Convey-All Industries, Behlen Industries LP, Westman Steel, Armtec Inc, and Artspan Inc with over 2,200 employees. With a worldwide customer base, The Group operates manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities in over 70 centers across North America and Europe.
Continued growth has created the following career opportunity in Winnipeg, Manitoba:
CORPORATE H&S MANAGER
Working with guidance from the Director of Human Resources the Corporate Health & Safety Manager will participate in corporate H&S program development and lead in the coordination of programs relating to safety and environmental policies and procedures; workers compensation administration; environmental protection; and vehicle safety. Serves all team members while providing excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Policies and Procedural Compliance: Establish guidelines, policies, and procedures related to health, safety and environmental programs according to legislation. Ensure Provincial / State and Federal health and safety compliance.
- Health and Safety Committee Work: Provide support to divisional H&S providers in the function of the H&S committee at the individual facilities.
- Safety Program Management: Provide daily management of the Company safety program. Assist in accident investigations, analysis and preparation of accident reports and summaries as required. Help develop and maintain a program to identify safety issues with new equipment purchases. Ensure corrective action taken when health and safety deficiencies are identified. Participate in any inspections and/or investigations by enforcement agencies (WCB, Workplace Safety & Health, OSHA). Oversee and/or manage the company workers compensation claims program.
- Safety Audit Management: Conduct operational reviews/audits to evaluate and ensure compliance with established guidelines, policies, and procedures related to safety management programs.
- Return-To-Work Coordination: Provide guidance on the Return-to-Work program in accordance with established guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Coaching, Training and Technical Guidance: Provide coaching, training and technical guidance to divisional H&S providers, team members, managers, and supervisors regarding established legislated health and safety rules and regulations, management guidelines, corporate policies, and procedures.
- Perform all other health and safety work activities as required.
What you will bring:
- At least seven years of H&S management experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary education (degree, diploma or certificate) in Occupational Health & Safety; must have a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation. Combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation; preferably amongst multiple provinces.
- Strong customer service and consultative selling orientation; collaboration and compromise conflict management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, which involves the ability to effectively interact with persons at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in identifying learning requirements, employee challenges and/or concerns and providing creative, effective solutions.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to compile data and prepare technical and analytical reports for a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
Apply online by Friday November 15, 2019, please send resume, cover letter, and starting salary expectations via email or via Careers at www.westmangroup.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 7 years (Preferred)