In a snapshot
The Construction Project Administrator supports the team to effectively execute construction projects, with the primary responsibility of managing the flow of files and documents and performing project accounting. In addition, this role will provide general administrative support to the Vancouver office. The ability to interact with people in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is key to success in this role.
- Perform a range of administrative services including responding to phone calls and email, ordering supplies, office equipment maintenance, arranging couriers, photocopying, arranging meetings etc.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, reports and presentations, including; project proposals, site safety binders, operations manuals, meeting minutes etc.
- Assist with basic accounting; including accounts payable, accounts receivable, timesheets and fast track invoices
- Complete project budget financial reconciliation and invoicing.
- Ensure construction project files and documents are prepared, shared and logged with a high level of accuracy.
- Input project information and data in our computerized project management system (CMiC).
- Follow up with designers and sub-contractors to obtain required information, such as health & safety documentation and tender participation
- Provide top notch service to clients, subtrades and other stakeholders by responding professionally and with a sense of urgency.
- Assist with coordination of team social events.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3 + years of experience providing construction administrative support to a team
- Experience in the commercial construction industry
- University or College degree / diploma
- Tech savvy in Microsoft Office suite and project management software. Able to learn new programs quickly.
- Confidence and moxy to interact and maintain strong relations with clients, designers, subcontractors and peers
- Self- motivated to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment, handling competing demands
- High level of professionalism when communicating via email and on the phone
- Ability to work under minimal supervision / direction as well as part of a team, sharing information with others
- Positive spirit with a “get ‘er done” attitude
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Administrative Support: 3 years (Required)
- Construction Company: 3 years (Required)
- Diploma/Certificate (Required)