We are a fast paced insurance Managing General Agency that provides innovative underwriting solutions for our network of brokers across Canada. Our success has been based upon our leadership, integrity, innovation and service.
Are you a self-motivated individual who likes variety in their day to day?
We are seeking a Business Development Representative to join our sales team. In this role, your objective is to support the overall growth of the Cansure brand and our transactional business by strengthening broker relationships, seeking opportunities and areas of alignment with our brokers’ business, and ensuring that Cansure is a first choice market.
As a BDR, you will be required to travel frequently and meet with our broker partners throughout Eastern Canada to provide training of the Cansure portal; ensuring a high user adoption rate, as well as to promote general knowledge and understanding of our various insurance products. This role will also require miscellaneous administrative work related to managing external access to the portal, general broker reporting and related tasks.
- Provide in-person training and/or webinars for use and access of the Cansure portal to insurance brokers
- Provide product education to support brokers using the portal, in-person or through webinars * Administrative tasks related to managing access to the portal, including handling incoming support requests for the platform and trouble-shooting.
- Ensuring that product training is delivered with compliance according to provincial guidelines for providing continuing education credits, adapting/creating training presentations as required.
- Cross-promotion of the Cansure underwriting team to support all product lines that Cansure offer
- General support and customer service for brokers
- Foster positive broker relationships as a representative of Cansure
- Attend industry conferences and networking events as a representative of Cansure
- Assist with organization of industry conferences
- Use data to analyze broker performance within your territory to develop and execute targeted growth plans
- Achieve minimum threshold of 40 broker meetings per month
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics
- 75% travel required
- Very capable with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word to create reports and presentations
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Clear communicator, with proven ability to simplify complex concepts
- Excellent organizational skills and self-directed prioritization ability
- Experience in the Canadian Property & Casualty insurance industry is an asset
- Candidates with previous experience in a corporate training role is an asset
- Personable and energetic with a desire to help
The successful candidate will be required to have their own vehicle for the purposes of work-related travel. When necessary, travel by air will also be provided.
Job Type: Full-time