Janitor/Maintenance Worker # 2023-007
Location: Connexus Facilities in Vanderhoof, BC
Hours of Work: : 15 hours per week, flexible hours
Start Date: As Soon as Possible
Closing Date: Until Filled
Salary: $21.63 – $25.19/hour as per CSSEA & CSSBA Collective Agreement (Grid Level 10)
Maintenance: Performs maintenance and repairs related to buildings, grounds, and equipment in areas such as electrical, plumbing, painting and groundskeeping at Connexus Facilities in Vanderhoof
Qualifications & Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 or the equivalent education and experience
- 2 years recent related experience is desirable
- WHMIS training or willingness to attend training.
- Experience using various power and hand cleaning equipment
- Observes all safety instructions and adheres to manufacturers label instructions for safe and proper use of all equipment and products.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The flexibility to take initiative and prioritize tasks and time-manage to get important duties done within the timeframe
- Valid class 5 driver’s license & satisfactory drivers abstract
- Criminal Record Check clearance
- COVID19 Fully Vaccinated (2 shots) required
- This position requires union membership
- Use of personal vehicle may be required.
Our Commitment to You:
We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive at Connexus. As a Connexus Team member, you can expect to be treated with dignity and respect, to be challenged with your work, and to have the autonomy necessary to excel.
- Interesting and relevant training and development opportunities
- Internal employment opportunities encouraged and readily available
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Salary: $17.95-$25.19 per hour
- Casual dress
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vanderhoof, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you a Canadian citizen or legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Maintenance: 2 years (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
Work Location: One location