Welcome to the Royal Kingdom of PLAYTOPIA! We are a 16,000 sq. ft. indoor playground filled with loads of fun. We offer various activities for children aged 0-17 ages. We have a three-story play structure that encourages both fine and gross motor skills Our royal facility also has toddler area for the little ones, including mini slides and educational toys/activates! Safety is our number one priority at Playtopia. We offer state of the art educational and interactive programs that focus on mental, physical, emotional and social development. We also host birthday parties for children!
Playtopia is seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and responsible individual with flexible availability. As the initial individual our customers will meet, you will have the opportunity to provide them with an amazing experience. The Receptionist will be responsible for promoting an outstanding guest experience to our guests following Playtopia’s standards of operation and policies. He/she will ensure all transactions are entered correctly in accordance to Playtopia’s policies and procedures.. This position will include weeknight and weekend shifts.
- Creating exceptional guest experiences
- Operating the online POS and booking system
- Responsible for leading the Front Desk Team during daytime and evening
- Responsible for customer party bookings
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries, take messages and conduct phone calls/emails in a professional manner
- Resolve client concerns using a professional approach
- Maintain cleanliness of the front desk area, eating area, restrooms, and play area
- Greet everyone with a smile and make them feel at home!
- Have Intermediate level computer skills required using Word, Excel and other software systems
- Ensures that guests are aware of pricing for special events, promotions and daily events
- Ensure guests adhere to the site and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Effectively handle and relay all guest inquiries, questions, and concerns to the Supervisors.
- Supervising guests and ensuring safe play.
- Being flexible in your role and assisting with other duties
- Handle cash and complete transactions professionally
- Ensure the guests are following all playground rules.
- Interact with customers, ensuring ultimate customer satisfaction.
- A positive and welcoming attitude
- Passion for working with children
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with all relevant legislation.
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, conflict resolution, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage a counter and its contents.
- Fluent in English – speaking, reading and writing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in retail or customer service roles
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a criminal background check
- Maintain CURRENT Standard First Aid/ CPR C Certification
- Experience working with kids or a student earning a degree in an area of working with children is an asset for this position as well.
- Working varied shifts
- Working alone for full shifts.
- Bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Working with guests of all ages.
**We are looking to hire part time and full-time individuals who are willing to work Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday - flexible schedule.
** Playtopia is located at Dufferin and Langstaff
Be a part of our growing team with opportunities of growth within the company!
Interested candidates please attach your resume or send your resume directly to our email address.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)