A Live-in Companion/Housekeeper/Cook is required for a permanent position based between Quebec, Canada and Florida, the US. This is a hybrid role and the duties are likely to change as the principals become older.
The principals are a healthy and active couple in their 70th and 80th, and they have no issues at the moment. They are still independent so at the beginning the role will involve more light housekeeping, cooking and PA work but over time the couple may require more companionship and care.
The principals spend around 7 months per year in Quebec, where they travel between two properties in Lac-Brome and Montreal, and they spend winters in North Palm Beach in Florida.
This is a live-in position, separate accommodation will be provided in each location.
Start: As soon as possible.
Vacancy duties and responsibilities
- Cooking simple meals for the couple and make sure they always have some food in the fridge
- Clean the kitchen after use
- Light housekeeping (there are cleaners in each property)
- Help the couple travel between properties
- Assist with technology issues
- Report maintenance issues to the estate manager
- Drive the principals to doctor appointments, etc
- Run errands
- Assist the family when they visit
- Experience working for private clients
- A self-starter
- Able to provide discreet service
- Good English, French will be a plus
- Driving license, a confident driver
- Someone who does not require contact with principals all the time
Schedule: 5 days a week but flexibility is needed
Full Time Live-in Housekeeper/Companion/Cook Salary
100000 - 120000 Canadian dollars gross per year. The client can provide a working visa for French and US citizens if needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location