Who we are:
For over 30 years, Allianz Global Assistance has supported travelling Canadians when they need it most with value-added travel insurance and assistance services. We bring our passion for helping people to life every day through our partnerships with some of the best-known brands in the travel, financial services, health and property and casualty markets.
Allianz Global Assistance is a global business. As the Canadian company of Allianz Partners – the world’s largest travel insurance and assistance provider – our partners and their customers know that our worldwide presence means they can rely on us 24/7 to deliver globally consistent services via a well-connected, worldwide provider network implemented with local expertise.
About the role:
In conjunction with the Head of Transformation, the Business Architect will provide direction, oversight and leadership within the Organizational Management Department. Ensuring the strategic alignment, integration, coordination, timing and execution of the Corporate Project Portfolio and the capacity and demand management of resources to support the execution.
A key focus of this role is to provide business architectural oversight of projects; by ensuring requirements are in alignment with business strategies, business architecture roadmap/framework and global architecture/ solutions.
In this role you will collaborate with global Organizational Management team, to support the implementation of group platforms and ensuring new solutions developed are re-usable within group. You will coach, direct and develop associates to achieve the desired culture and operational requirements. Support the standardization and harmonization of processes and products, to facilitate the roll-out of group IT solutions and management of on-going changes on group IT platforms.
Manage the day to day operations of the department. Oversee the planning, implementation, management and tracking of projects and serve as Program Manager for all Group projects.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate the gathering of project requirements, including business, functional and test cases.
- Participate as a key member of the Global Organizational Management team.
- Serve as program manager for Group projects.
- Drive and facilitate the right discussions with business leaders to identify business capabilities in relation to current and future business objectives
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement.
- Ensure solutions developed across organization are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits).
- Monitor progress against plans, develop lessons learned based on results, and incorporate key findings into continuous process improvement and training components.
- Evaluate the impacts of budget and schedule changes from original portfolio plans across multiple projects to provide recommendations to senior management.
- Support project portfolio change management process including scoping effort, identifying and resolving conflicts, and escalating to the executive team for approval.
- Work with senior leaders to ensure compliance with portfolio processes across the organization.
- Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring, and training in all aspects of the requirements and project lifecycle.
- Establish, manage and maintain a process for soliciting customer/ user feedback, incorporating this feedback into process improvement initiatives.
- Play a catalyst role in resolving problems related to process, methodologies, and tools.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning process for the department and, when required, larger division.
- Support the acquisition of new business and the retention of current business, by participating in client meetings, visits, RFP’s, and presentations.
- Partner with peers at other Allianz business units globally to drive excellence in service through industry best practices. Foster strong relationships with external providers and other business units.
What it takes:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with Change, Project or Transformation activities, and demonstrated success at analysis, design, scoping, executing and realizing benefits from changes, initiatives or transformational efforts.
- Demonstrated experience leveraging critical thinking, analytical capabilities, and design concepts to understand business architect and current to future state road mapping and planning
- 7+ years of project management experience with demonstrated success in managing large, corporate projects and/or a minimum of 3 years’ in a business architecture role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing people with demonstrated ability to effectively lead people, get results through others and provide coaching/constructive feedback.
- University degree in a related discipline
- A certification or designation, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or Six Sigma is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills.
- Ability to think strategically forward in a 1-3 year time span and be proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Possess a highly competent, entrepreneurial and forward thinking attitude. Has a passion for finding new ways to do routine tasks better.
What we offer you:
- A competitive total rewards package, including benefits coverage as of your first day of employment, participation in the company’s annual incentive bonus plan, an employer matched retirement plan, tuition reimbursement support, generous paid time off, and much more!
- A Referral Program that rewards you for referring your qualified friends and family
- Employee discounts at a wide variety of retailers and services
- The opportunity to grow with a large, global organization
All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.
At Allianz, we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please call our toll free number at 1-800-461-1079 and ask to speak to a member of the Talent Acquisition team.
Job Type: Full-time
- people leadership: 3 years (Required)
- program management: 7 years (Required)
- business architecture: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)