As the Licensed Assistant, your role is to manage and protect the relationship between the company and its current/future clients. You will oversee the day-to-day activities in the office, and ensure that the image HollisWealth, and Senior Financial Advisor Roman A. Groch, present is appealing, approachable, and professional. The responsibilities can be organized into four categories: Client Relations, Marketing/PR, Administration, and ultimately Financial Planning.
Personal Business Goals
- Meet/correspond with existing clients on the topic of investing, general account information (e.g. taxation, historical transactions, rates of return) and any other account related inquiries.
- Meet/source new clients with Senior Financial Advisor and establish financial planner-client engagement.
- Assist Senior Financial Advisor in the development of financial plans. The planning process covers the following topics: cash flow, retirement planning, insurance and estate planning, investment strategy and tax planning. Duties include:
- Information gathering from clients: quantitative and qualitative.
- Analyzing and identifying potential opportunities and constraints. Assess information to develop strategies.
- Synthesize information to evaluate and finalize strategies to develop a financial plan.
- Present plan to client.
- If approved by client, implement plan.
- Arrange follow up financial planning meetings.
- Monitor and update financial plan as required.
- Maintain business relationships with 3rd party contacts (approved by Senior Financial Advisor) to ensure we act in the best interest of our clients.
Assist with Bi-Weekly and Monthly Branch Activities
- Prepare Maturity Report:
- Process investments where instructions are on file.
- Pull files, print statements, highlight maturities and provide to the Senior Financial Advisor approximately 10 to 14 days prior to maturity.
- Complete monthly Maturity & RRIF report.
- Assist the Senior Financial Advisor in updating Month and Planned Budget Reports and Business Plan.
Other duties as assigned
- Find top 20% of clients (as 80% of business tends to come from them) and reach out. Introduce myself, and explain this is a new position to better cater to their personal needs.
- Work with Senior Financial Advisor to calculate Budget & Business Plan which can be utilized for special events, client outreach, etc.
- Regular review of client files to determine milestones and products they may benefit from (i.e. approaching retirement).
- Plan special events that cater (sometimes separately) to both the top 20% and other clientele to increase word of mouth.
- Within first 3 months of employment, get Mutual Fund License, to aid in flow of paperwork and daily operations.
- Within 1 year of employment, get Insurance License, and aid in sales conversations when needed.
- Take on individual clients where licensing allows.
- Review current policies and procedures with all staff to increase efficiencies where possible.
- Review all current document templates for language improvements that can be made.
- Work with Client Relations Coordinator to assist in job duties when needed. Assist by taking on roles where strengths lie elsewhere.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the office, to ultimately ensure that any client relations/marketing/administrative issue resolution lies with the Client Relations Coordinator.
- Look into commitment of CFP®. (Associate Position)
- Determine marketing budget with Senior Financial Advisor.
- Review current website for update and revisions.
- Maintain company Twitter page.
- Include pictures of company events and staff to add a personal appeal.
- Add interesting, relevant content.
- Reach out (follow, retweet) to companies/organizations to improve exposure and community relations.
- Investigate if HollisWealth provides company wide promotional materials to utilize.
- Consider looking into holding free seminars to a targeted market. Play to your strength as a presenter.
Job Type: Full-time
- industry: 2 years (Required)
- Insurance (Preferred)
- IFIC (Mutual Fund License) or IROC (Canadian Securities) (Required)