Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. The position also responds to and resolves all operational information security-related questions, inquiries and issues using established information security tools and procedures. This position is a senior technical role requiring advanced knowledge of the field and provides day-to-day security operations support in incident response, implementation and administration of information security controls. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Information Security Operations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocol and recommends solutions
- Creates information security documentation related to work area and completes requests in accordance with company requirements
- Identifies opportunities and executes plans to improve workflow and understands and quantifies business impacts of those improvements for communication to management
- Provides status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures
- Develops large and/or highly complex solutions that require analysis and research.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or technical leader/consultant
- Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in Information Security Operations
- Direct experience and proficiency with Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) preferably with LogRhythm and 2 or more specific technologies and tools to include application control, intrusion prevention systems, web application firewalls, proxy/web filtering, anti-virus and data leakage protection
- Knowledge of network technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control)
- Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Knowledge of network design and engineering
- Proficiency in time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
- Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with business and infrastructure peers across the organization globally
- Experience in senior technical role with limited direct daily supervision
- Experience mentoring junior staff when required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology plus 5 years or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience is required.
- CISSP, GSEC, CCNE, or other security or network certification strongly desired.
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.