Founded in 2004, Jake’s House is a Provincially and Federally funded Canadian charity with a mission to provide meaningful support to families living with autism across the country. Recognizing that more than any other single issue, families dealing with autism need a community, Jake’s House is committed to growing a strong network of people who understand and care–a family that is determined to provide tangible solutions. Jake’s House supports individuals on the spectrum throughout their lifespans through four core initiatives: 1) Jake’s House Annual Holiday Parties, a 15-year tradition of bringing families together for a welcoming, fun and festive celebration; 2) Legends Mentoring Program, themed group mentoring workshops that provide youth with opportunities to learn skills, socialize and make friends; 3) Jake’s House Employment Mentoring, a program that supports the integration of young adults into the workforce; and 4) inclusive housing solutions, designed to address the growing housing gap in the autism community, giving more aging adults a place to call home.
You will be supporting a dynamic, fast-growing organization, collaborating with a passionate, dedicated team.
Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Jake’s House is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to provide support with administrative tasks including scheduling, reviewing and managing incoming and outgoing communications, answering calls, recording minutes at company meetings, drafting and finalizing correspondence, organizing meetings, events, and managing the calendar for our various programs. The Community Engagement Coordinator will play a key role in corresponding with families and volunteers to provide information and guidance regarding the programs and services provided while remaining empathetic to the parents and their children. They will have the responsibility of engaging with community stakeholders and work with partners in delivering community events and activities. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Accept and document application of potential volunteers and program attendees
· Coordination of the Volunteer Management strategy including recruitment, management and conducting background checks of volunteers
· Adapt and organize workshops and activities to facilitate meaningful cross-cultural exchange through virtual platforms.
· Navigate and oversee various interpersonal relationships between program participants.
· Ensure all programs are adhering to safety policies.
· Deliver training webinars and facilitate live virtual exchanges.
· Support survey-based evaluations as needed, update relevant databases, and ensure families and volunteers are completing surveys in a timely manner.
· Develop and execute meaningful family and volunteer recognition that makes the community feel valued and motivated.
· Maintain positive relationships with families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), volunteers, community stakeholders, committee members and the general community.
· Network and build key relationships with external stakeholders, vendors, and administrative professionals in key roles.
· Provide information to both families and volunteers regarding Jake’s House programs and initiatives including mentoring programs, holiday parties and other programs/events.
· Act as an organizational lead for community engagement and serve as a first point of contact for questions from volunteers, stakeholders, families and the greater community, actively communicating inquiries through e-mail and phone.
· Collect and document applications from potential volunteers, families and candidates
· Act as a project manager for special projects upon request, which may include planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information, and coordinating events or meetings.
· Maintain up-to-date members listing and maintain data collection and tracking records (database administration).
· Schedule team meetings and lead creation of agenda, taking and distributing minutes, and ensuring completion and reporting of outcomes identified in the meetings.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience required.
· High attention to detail and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage workflow and continuously improve the efficiency of the office.
· Excellent communications skills with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with members of the community, volunteers, and stakeholders.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision while prioritizing own work to handle multiple tasks and ensure established deadlines are met.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to support collegiality in a small office.
· Strong client service skills; able to diffuse situations with upset donors/community members and partners.
· Ability to use discretion in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive contacts, materials, and information.
· High level of flexibility and responsiveness.
· Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Universe, Survey Monkey, and Salesforce.
Ideal Candidates (Culture Fit)
· Self-starter, proactive, takes initiative, resourceful, bootstrap mentality, go-getter
· Innovative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, creative, collaborative
· Adaptable, resilient, can switch gears and hats quickly, thrives in fast-growing / fast-moving environments.
· Positive, energetic, enthusiastic, passionate.
· Committed, disciplined.
· Compassionate, caring, understanding, genuine, strong 'family values’.
Application deadline: 2020-10-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent