Ironclad Developments Inc. is a construction development company with expertise and focus on the development of multi-family apartments across Western Canada. We foster a work culture that is energetic and fast-paced, promoting the values of trust, honesty, integrity and industry excellence.Ironclad offers opportunities for growth, top industry wages, as well as comprehensive group benefits / pension plans.
Due to our growing demand, we are looking to hire an ambitious and dedicated Construction Project Manager who is looking to pursue a full-time position with a well-established employer. This position will be held at our Head Office in Winnipeg, MB.
This position is right for you if you have previous wood frame building experience in multi-family construction. Must have expert understanding of current building, finance, and budgeting principles in order to make strategic recommendations.
The Construction Project Manager will work under the direction of the Construction Manger and CEO in conjunction with all relative departments for their area(s) of assignment.
- You are an open minded, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively.
- Possess strong leadership skills with effective participation in team environment
- Has excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- Looking to participate in an exciting environment and company that is proving to be a game-changer in the industry
- 5 years of related construction experience
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets and Microsoft programs
- Compile and prepare bid documents and bidders list, including, inquiry preparations, request for bids and recommendations for award of contract
- Negotiate contract terms with external business partners and sub-contractors
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Prepare construction contracts, terms conditions, scope of works and coordinate execution
- Prepare feedback for the design department for design change orders, clarifications, and addendum
- Explain terms, scope of works, and conditions to managers and interested parties. Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate contractor meetings
- Management of contractors RFI’s and clarification requests
- Monitor contract change orders, charge backs and credits
- Collect, track, retain sub-contractor’s insurance, WCB clearance, and sub-trad compliance forms
- Operate in accordance with company programs, policies, and legislative requirements to ensure that OH& S standards are met
- Pre-qualify trades by completing reference checks
- Travel to all markets of operation to source and maintain trade relations
- Upload on shared network all contracts, change orders and back charges on to a drive biweekly and notify all relevant departments as required
- Upload on shared network scopes of work to applicable project folder
- Upload on shared network payment schedule to finance folders as per accounts payable guidelines
- Submit monthly requisitions forms with respect to office supplies for adequate departmental productivity and function
Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, qualifications, and certificates for consideration to the attention of Human Resources. Please include salary expectations with your cover letter. We thank all candidates in advance however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Wood Frame Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)