Wellness Pharmacyis a group of 13 independently-owned, community-focused pharmacies based in the BC Lower Mainland. We provide patient-centered care and work closely with area physicians and other healthcare providers to ensure the best possible care for our patients.
We’re currently looking for a passionate and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to join our team.
As an independently-owned pharmacy group, we offer the autonomy, stability, competitive wage, and benefits package. We pride ourselves on our dedication to our employees and interest in long term relationships.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting day to day accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general accounting, ensuring effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations. This position is also responsible for overseeing and coaching junior staff and supporting project work towards effective and timely completion.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic, excels in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work proactively as a member of a dynamic and energetic team
Duties include but are not limited to:
- In charge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, special projects, and researching and resolving issues as required.
- Creates and inputs GL entries and reconciles and balances GL accounts on a monthly basis according to company policies and procedures.
- Prepares GST/HST returns and completes net filings on regular basis.
- Manages cheque runs; records, prepares, distributes, and mails all cheques as appropriate.
- Performs monthly and yearly accounting procedure and intercompany reconciliations.
- Coaches and provides direction regarding day to day accounting functions for A/P and A/R clerks according to company policies and accounting best practices.
- Coordinates and completes special project work in a timely manner.
- Manages highly confidential information in a professional manner, adhering to privacy laws and payroll/accounting best practices; ensures the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Maintains vendor files and filing systems for all financial documents.
- Prepare monthly internal financial reports as request
- Other such duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or business field.
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in an office accounting environment within a multi-site company with inter-company accounts. Experience in systems conversions, job costing and cash flow management is considered an asset. Supervisory and/or coaching experience is considered an asset.
- General knowledge of A/P, A/R, general ledger account structure, and payroll procedures.
- Experience with accounting systems such as Quickbooks and Simply Accounting.
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint computer skills.
- Able to adapt and change priorities at a moment’s notice.
- Team orientated with open communication style.
- Able to learn quickly.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Able to successfully manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)