The CDM is a key member of the Sales team. This individual’s primary responsibility is to deliver results by directly managing all functions related to the sales and distribution of SunRype products within their customer portfolio.
Specifically the CDM is responsible for:
- Cultivate business building relationships with all key customer contacts within accounts under their responsibility. Penetrate relevant customer departments needed to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop, negotiate, and execute upon annual trade investment budgets to optimize profitable growth with the customer. Execute accurate tracking and post games of trade investment activity and provide ROI analysis.
- Provide effective and timely communication of all retail initiatives to the retail sales force to maximize distribution and execution of all promotions.
- Collaborate with SunRype Marketing to develop and execute key Trade marketing programs to increase sales and meet distribution objectives of new listings and base business.
- Produce accurate monthly forecasted sales for production purposes. Provide strong leadership to a cross-functional team in order to meet or exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Track competitive activity and communicate internally and respond quickly if required.
Ideally, candidate should possess:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Commerce, or related field
- 3-5+ years recent, related, key account management experience in the CPG and the Food & Beverage Industry. Retail experience would be considered an asset.
- Confident self-starter sales leader with a strong track record of success with key retailers in Western Canada.
- Proven communication, presentation, and strong negotiation skills. Formal negotiation training would be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a sales portfolio to deliver against sales, trade investment and profitability targets.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and bring forward recommendations for solution.
- Strong forecasting skills and ability to provide relevant insight into production planning in order to meet customer service expectations.
- Strong computer literacy with MS Office, Nielsen, Aztec, Aimia experience