Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, Associates, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Train staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Oversee Health and Safety and Wellness Resort programs and initiatives. Position focuses on ensuring guest and Associate satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
· Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and associates and to protect all hotel assets
· Interview, select and train all security officers with support from Resort and Guest Experience Manager
· Assign duties, monitor and schedule staff accordingly to business needs
· Administer first aid to sick and injured guests and associates, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports
· Answer house calls, assist guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations
· Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to: camera monitoring, daily shift activity log, and all guest or employee interaction
· Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports for guests and associates
· Monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts
· Coordinate and monitor safety and security related programs for overall hotel, including lost and found process, auditing of issuance of hotel keys, chemical SDS, CPR, First Aid along with emergency and fire Preparedness training, evacuation drills, CCTV, etc
· Co-chair with P&C and facilitate the OH&S monthly meetings. Prepare, present and follow up on action items stemming from the monthly meetings and distribute the minutes.
· Ensure OFA attendant schedule is distributed weekly
· Coordinate First Aid supply stock
· Liaise with local RCMP and WHLPA
· Compile and distribute departmental reports, such as property loss correspondence
· Conduct Quarterly Dialogues with each direct report
· Ensure associates are trained in the safe work procedures associated with all of their job related duties
· Support and monitor day to day compliance with WRS’s Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafe BC
· Lead COR re-certification and program
· Update all safety policies annually
· Lead Communicable Disease Plans moving forward
· Promote safety awareness to associates and demonstrate that safe job performance is the number one priority
· Ensure associates report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries as soon as possible and take appropriate actions
· Set a good safety example
· Support P&C with Staff accommodation inspections for compliance to tenancy agreement and asset protection.
· All other duties as assigned by Resort Manager
Skills & Experience
· Must be able to build and maintain credibility and relationships with customers (internal and external)
· Strong organization and planning skills
· Strong computer knowledge
· Detailed knowledge of Whistler area and available services
· Proven ability in managing time is critical; must be able to plan and execute effectively and efficiently
· Management skills
· Previous experience in a similar role in a similar size/type of property
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a passion for dealing with and emotionally connecting with others
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overnight shift as required
· Knowledge of Hospitality Security, Law Enforcement, or Military related background
· Ability to obtain current CPR certification and First Responder training required Level 2
· Knowledge of basic Fire, Life & Safety standards/processes.
· Diploma or certificate in Hotel/Security Management or the equivalent is asset
· Must possess or be able to obtain the BST Certification
· Must possess or be able to obtain the COR Certification
· Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
· Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Yes, we have strict safety protocol in place for both our Guests and Associates.