Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold mine. It is located 240 kilometres north along the Klondike Highway from the capital Whitehorse. Minto is looking to build its work force and is looking for a range of candidates who would like to become part of a dynamic, team-oriented, and performance-driven environment.
We are seeking a IT Support Analyst for a full time/regular position. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a one week on/one week off rotation. You would work closely with our offsite IT management Team to provide physical onsite support and troubleshooting.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have:
- Computer or Information Technologist Diploma or IT related certificates with a combination of education and work experience;
- 2-4 years’ experience of troubleshooting, computers and some networking knowledge;
- Basic understanding of Windows Servers. (Active Directory, DHCP)
- Solid understanding of remote or camp based environments an asset;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the organization through service and delivery;
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Valid driver's license;
- Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
- Ensures adherence to company policy while maintaining specific knowledge of IT policies and procedures;
- Assist in network monitoring, support, and troubleshooting;
- Performs systems setup, installation, and upgrades of hardware and software;
- Installs, configures, and maintains IT Department assets, including but not limited to; computers, switches, access points, IP phones, etc.;
- Conducts user training as required;
- Maintain telephone system, including; moves, additions, changes, and troubleshooting;
- Provides technical support to employees directly and remotely throughout the entire mine site;
- Perform routine preventive maintenance of IT;
- Attend to tickets related to users (Incidents and Service Requests);
- Assists with problems with IT Infrastructure;
- Maintains documentation on changes, additions, and removal/recycling of assets;
- Maintains working knowledge of current systems and tools used by the company and provides reports using these in a timely manner;
- Assists in their duties as prescribed by IT management and maintains flexible on-call status as required;
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned;
- Troubleshoot and test network connectivity and performance;
- Provide support to on site Electricians in wiring new offices or camp rooms.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations and residents of Yukon Territory.
Application deadline: 2021-04-09
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place