The Employee Coach is an integral role within the Employee Development and Family Strengthening Department. The Employee Coach works one-on-one with employees to develop individual employee potential, skill and health on a work platform, ultimately enabling advancement in their lives and careers. The Employee Coach also, supports our employees and their families through the facilitation and delivery of a variety strengthening initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Meeting one-on-one with every assigned employee to help identify potential areas for growth
- Facilitating the creation of an individual Life/Career Plan for every assigned employee, using SMART goal methods
- Engaging the Manager when goals involve activity on the work platform
- Providing case-managed support on a quarterly or as needed basis, to support individual employee advancement in their Life/Career Plan
- Supporting Employee Career Planning for roles beyond Goodwill
- Promoting and supporting employee participation in various Goodwill employee development initiatives
- Linking employees to relevant supports and resources in the community
- Identifying trends/themes of concern in order to move towards collaborative and integrative solutions
- Follow all safety standards set out in legislation and/or Goodwill policies
- Collaborating in the development and facilitation of training beyond that necessary for employees’ current job (e.g.: financial, health or digital literacy)
- Collaborating in the development and delivery of strategies that will enable employees to fully access their EAP and Health Benefits
- Collaborating in the development and delivery of Employee Wellness initiatives
- Maintaining accurate records in electronic and paper file systems
- Perform other related activities as necessary or as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Social Work or Social Services
- Minimum, three years of experience in at least one, but preferably more, of the following areas: career planning, health and wellness, financial literacy
- Minimum of three years of experience working with people with disabilities or those who face barriers
- Extensive knowledge of community based resources for people facing a variety of life challenges
- Training and experience with professional coaching techniques or professional coach certification
- Familiar with using case management database software
- Ability to secure an acceptable result on a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and appropriate insurance
- You will work for a strong and successful organization focused on the growth and development of our teams.
- You will be joining an organization where culture is built on a genuine care and concern for inclusion and that celebrates diversity.
- A fun team atmosphere and challenging work environment where you can make a difference
- An opportunity for personal growth and development
- A formal Management Mentorship program
- A competitive compensation package
Please apply directly to be considered for this role using the e-mail address below.
NOTE: Internal candidates must secure their Direct Manager's endorsement prior to applying.
Goodwill Industries is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and members feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Full-time